• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dissertation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramfan

Hi all,

I am currently close to completing my third year of a degree course, and as such I am writing a dissertation. As part of this I have created a questionnaire to investigate the relationship between peoples' music listening/purchasing habits and what impact social media has on this.

I would be very grateful if as many people as possible could complete my questionnaire, it should only take about 5 minutes.

www.surveygizmo.com/s3/851341/socialmediamusic

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hi chris

i have completed your questionnaire for you and good luck with your dissertation

jammie300

This questionnaire is difficult to fill in. It makes the assumption you have the internet to answer questions 1-3, then asked the question have you used the internet which you must have done to answer 1-3. Question 13 is difficult. I prefer to listen to my music on my laptop when I am at home and when I'm out and about I use my ipod. Theres 2 answers to that and I can only select one. Same with Question 14 I purchase all types of music and it makes the assumption I purchase music and same with 15.

The survey is OK but there are too many ambiguous questions and questions that are impossible to answer. It also makes a number of assumptions which will skew your results considerably

HTH

James

Tramfan

This questionnaire is difficult to fill in. It makes the assumption you have the internet to answer questions 1-3, then asked the question have you used the internet which you must have done to answer 1-3. Question 13 is difficult. I prefer to listen to my music on my laptop when I am at home and when I'm out and about I use my ipod. Theres 2 answers to that and I can only select one. Same with Question 14 I purchase all types of music and it makes the assumption I purchase music and same with 15.

The survey is OK but there are too many ambiguous questions and questions that are impossible to answer. It also makes a number of assumptions which will skew your results considerably

HTH

James

Thanks for your constructive feedback - could really have done with someone like you during the testing phase! You've certainly given me a considerable amount to think about, and you're actually not the first to flag up question 13, so I definitely need to discuss the issues regarding that particular question in the findings section of my dissertation.

I'd also like to thank all those who have completed my questionnaire, it is much appreciated!

Lrd

Established Member
I have done it for you.

I quite liked this question for some reason: :lol:
19. Which gender do you most associate yourself with?

Welshman

Established Member
Just completed it for you, and the best of luck with it.

I must confess, I had to think about the meaning of the question "which gender do I associate myself with?"

I'm male, but I much prefer to associate with the ladies!

LCC106

Established Member
Completed - an easy survey and the whole point of analysing results is being aware that they may be skewed based on a variety of factors / influences. Talk to your lecturer about the comments made on here and he / she may be able to guide you in to how to address this as part of the dissertation. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.