• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Diversity - Does anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Correct me if I spelt this wrong, but does anyone know its definition or what it means in Photography?.

Thank You, Frederick. ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

metrocammel

I saw the title and was about to give you an essay and formula regarding it's use in Environmental Science, but since your talking about photography, I won't bother.... :P

Craig

Established Member
In what context? At I guess I'd say it was taking a variety of photos, rather than focussing on the same things all the time.

Phoenix

Established Member
I would and this only being a guess would say it refers to the various styles of photography one is able to show skill at.
For instance I do train photography but I also do vintage photos as I create black and white images and try to age them to create an old feel to them but also I have started doing photos of modern buildings so that is a new style so i am slightly diverse due to having skills in three areas.

I only say this cause some people only define it as taking shots of various subjects.

David

Established Member
It all comes down to your eyes. What catches them? Do you see something and think "that will look good in a photo"?

Some people have an eye for a photo, others don't. My advice is to take photos of what does catch your eye and see how they come out.

Phoenix

Established Member
expect more pictures of 455s :lol::roll:

OOOO cat fight!
Nothing wrong with southern DC units.
personally I go clapham twice a year and thats me done otherwise I would get board I need wires not 3RD rails.

Established Member
OOOO cat fight!
Nothing wrong with southern DC units.
personally I go clapham twice a year and thats me done otherwise I would get board I need wires not 3RD rails.

I can see your point, a change of Scenery is nice :). Thank You people for your help.

Phoenix

Established Member
I can see your point, a change of Scenery is nice :). Thank You people for your help.

Honestly a change of scenary is not hard at all to get just try different things.
Like pick something you think is eye catching like a building are a nice place and try getting a shot of it when it looks it best.
Then show us lot well some of us cause some are only interested in their own shot or valenta engines.

almark

To me its to take photos of different things in different places on different dates easy not to follow that as i keep finding!

Matt Taylor

Established Member
I've been told that my fotopic site is diverse.;)

So far it covers images of aviation, railways, wildlife, travel and even my own wedding!

Matt

bluenoxid

Established Member
Correct me if I spelt this wrong, but does anyone know its definition or what it means in Photography?.

Thank You, Frederick. ;)

If you can put it into context, we can help you a bit more. I expect it means a varied subject range.

Mike McCormac

If you want diversity, set yourself a little challenge. Go to a place you like to take pictures. Ideally one you've been to may times and know well. Then start the challenge. The rules are:

Don't take a picture similar to any other you've ever taken there

Limit yourself to walking about 2 minutes in any direction

Look down sun (sun behind you) and up sun (into the sun)

Look for shapes

Don't give up until you've got at least 20 pics in the bag.

Go check out...

http://www.mikemccormac.co.uk/Railway-Pictures-Pages/R_Top_Contemp_West-Coast-Main-Line.php

Scroll down until you get to Wolverton. My local station at the time. I had about 90 minutes to kill waiting for my wife. Sure there's some bog standard front three quarter shots there. But there's others I like more.

Enjoy...

Richmond

Diversty in photography is bigger than is currently being discussed. Photographers when working in a professional capacity may have a diverse portfolio covering areas such as glamour, portraits, wedding, travel, commercial, buildings etc.... most professionals however tend to concentrate on one particle area such as weddings and portraits; travel; transport because every photographer as their own style.

Status
Not open for further replies.