• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DMI ADVICE & QUERY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddysim

Hi all - thanks for all of the advice thus far this forum is great. I recently have been put through to the last stage of selection which is the DMI. I have passed the MMI and all of the assessments.

Question: Does the DMI count as a strike if your not successful ? (I have heard it isn’t a strike)

and does anyone have some advice or guidance on the DMI process? Any advice would be great! Cheers All!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tooktook

Hi,

Dmi / driver mangers interview does not count as a strike . It’s toc specific and usually undertaken by driver managers/ hr for the relevant company .

The dmi I did involved questions around:

-tell us about the company- look at information like the current md/ routes / traction / depots/ some stations / any recent projects or investments.

-competency questions- time achieved under pressure / excellent customer service / challenged a colleague/ performed a repetitive task and maintained concentration.

-generic questions - why you want the job / tell them about yourself etc

For the trainee driver interview my advice would be to read up on the company and prepare for the competency questions. That should see you through. Take your time and use the star technique when answering. Also interweave safety followed by customer service where possible as key considerations.

Last edited:

Tooktook

I should add that whilst it doesn’t count as a strike for opc testing purposes. If you are unsuccessful the company may say you can’t reapply for x amount of months ie 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.