• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DMU swaps after Central breakup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z12XE

I heard a rumor the other week regarding the 156 and 150 units on Central once the franchise has been split, just wondered if anyone else had heard similar.

Rumor is that the Ex-Anglia 150s on Central will transfer to Arriva Wales, which will then be replaced by 156s from East Midlands.

If true, doesnt this deft the point of why they were transfered away from Anglia to begin with (i.e Centro took on the lease costs to get more 150s because of the wider door ways)

If this happens will it mean 14x displaced from Arriva?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
The Anglia 150s are 'definately' going to Arriva is the claim.

Have heard about six versions of what is going to happen with the rest - no idea what will actually happen. I predict a shambles....

1VWC

Don't expect the shuffle just to involve the three franchises being re-let.

Established Member
Don't expect the shuffle just to involve the three franchises being re-let.

Oh i've no doubt there will be a huge DMU merry-go-round!! Also sure there will be some surprises, just hope they don't make too much of a mess (thinks FGW...). BTW when do they announce the winners, must be soonish?

Z12XE

Hopefully this time it will result in standardisation of fleets at deopts.

For example, its silly and expensive to have a fleet of 5x153s at Norwich, the release of 156s to One from Central didn't help as it then made two small fleets out of one larger fleet!

Status
Not open for further replies.