• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Do Any TOC / FOC Use SAP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coxy

Hi,

I'm actively seeking employment within the IT Industry, and was wondering if any Forum Members who work for TOCs or FOCs know if any use SAP ?

If they do, are they recruiting ?

Regards.
Coxy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Met Driver

Established Member
London Underground (and I assume TfL as a whole) do, if that's TOC-enough for you. As it happens they are advertising for a SAP Functional Analyst - tfl.gov.uk/jobs

AndrewE

Established Member
Hi,

I'm actively seeking employment within the IT Industry, and was wondering if any Forum Members who work for TOCs or FOCs know if any use SAP ?

Regards.
Coxy
SAP? Not an abbreviation in common use...

Lucky63

Hi,

Regards.
Coxy

Northern use SAP

cjmillsnun

Established Member
Is this the procurement system SAP or am I thinking of something else?

Yup, sounds like it.

Another angle to try is the energy industry. I know that National Grid, Northern Gas Networks and Wales and West Utilities use SAP.

SGN on the other hand use Maximo.

EDIT: I say this as you're looking at a back office function more than sharp end, and to be honest one back office is much like another, and my experience is in the energy industry.

Last edited:

azz7008

SAP has a large amount of software, one that immediately comes to my head is their ERP systems and also their CRM systems. These are pretty good and SAP seems to be the world leader in these. As for TOC's operating on them, I see no reason why they wouldn't as SAP is very common in most businesses.

AndrewE

Established Member
... and a lot of us are still none the wiser! Wtf are ERP and CRM? Isn't there a protocol here about using abbreviations which are meaningless to most readers?
I heard of Sage when I was working (which was used for accounts and invoicing, I think)
It may be
a very well known piece of business software. Actually stands for something in German.
but that doesn't give any hint of what bit of the business it supports. HR? Staff CPD records? Stock control? Presumably nothing technical...

Last edited:

azz7008

... and a lot of us are still none the wiser! Wtf are ERP and CRM? Isn't there a protocol here about using abbreviations which are meaningless to most readers?
I heard of Sage when I was working (which was used for accounts and invoicing, I think)
It may be but that doesn't give any hint of what bit of the business it supports. HR? Staff CPD records? Stock control? Presumably nothing technical...

Ok ok CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management system (ironically I have been working on one this past year) and this basically manages all of your emails, social media, live chat, marketing etc in one place. One of said CRM systems is called Salesforce (which is a large company too)

The other part is ERP, which is a more business management system which manages all product planning/purchasing and also things like sales.

The main point of these is that all of the businesses main 'objectives' are all in one integrated system, using a host of different applications but still accessing the same data source, e.g Marketing would use the user database to send out automated offer deals to people in a certain area that they want more sales from.

Sage is a popular bit of software, and used to mainly do accounting stuff but now supports a whole host of other stuff such as CRM.

Last edited:

AndrewE

Established Member
Thanks, now the rest of us at least have some sort of idea what this is about...
A

Status
Not open for further replies.