• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dodgy Stations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJP

metrocammel said:
One of the worst I know of around Manchester is Hattersley. It is in the middle of the "countryside", but is now (since the 1970's) a Manchester overspill estate, where all the chav's live. There is nearly always some sort of dealing going on underneath the bridge, and there are always chavs on or near the station. The estate is so bad the Stagecoach (201) bus service to Manchester was suspended as the drivers were frightend to go there.

Also, a "funny" story from near Llandudno Jcn. Around 10 years ago a freind of a freind who was a guard up there was working on a metcam shuttle between Junction & Llandudno. Anyway, there were a bunch of tw*ts (I dnt think they were called chavs back then) were lobbing stones continously throughout the day from the same spot near the roadbridge. The guard was gettin more & more pissed off, so while at the Jcn (there was quite a big turnaround) , he decided to go into the newsagents, get a rocket (firework), then got a length of drainpipe from a hardware shop. When the train got close to the tw*ts, he lit the rocket, it went off and really shocked the bastrds, they gave up their stone throwing for that day!, OK perhaps a bit drastic, but at least it stops them endangering all the passengers lives with lumps of brick.

Lol It worked though :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

steve158

metrocammel said:
One of the worst I know of around Manchester is Hattersley. It is in the middle of the "countryside", but is now (since the 1970's) a Manchester overspill estate, where all the chav's live. There is nearly always some sort of dealing going on underneath the bridge, and there are always chavs on or near the station. The estate is so bad the Stagecoach (201) bus service to Manchester was suspended as the drivers were frightend to go there.

i changed trains there on my manchester trip. i started taking photos as well.. maybe i was lucky.

droitwich spa isn't great as it's only manned part time and all the smackheads sit in the shelters.

Lesjordans said:
GreaterGlasgowBve said:
Being up in Glasgow, there is a few up this end which can be classed as being in the "Dogey" area.

Drumchapel
Drumry
Dalreoch
Whifflet
Hyndland
Yoker
Scotstounhill
Maryhill
Possilpark and Parkhouse

These are just a few! I think no matter where you go, chances are there is going to be stations were these "Idiots" go

Ha! try any station on the whifflet or Dumbarton Central (no offence lol)

Dumbarton Central ain't a dogey station smarty, after all there is a considerable deal less drug dealers in Dumbarton than what there is in Whifflet

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Watcher In The Rye said:
Gypsy Hill is pretty rubbish. And Streatham's chavs scare the bollocks outta me.
Don't let Joy54 read that! ;)

Not only did you use one of his favourite catchphrases, but you used it against his local station! :shock: ;)

metrocammel

Try Gipsy Hill perhaps!!!

It seemed OK when I was there. Nicer area than lots of place around Ashton & Manc , especially the likes of Guide Bridge, Gorton & of course Hattersley.

People could say Im a vandal, as i accidentally cracked a sign at leafy Greenfield station once, I was messing around with this home made Pea-shooter thing, (that shoots peas at an amazing velocity, using a rubber glove, bottle top and plastic ties!!) and the dried pea shot out and actually cracked a perspex sign(!!!) Luckily no - one was around!

jdjonnay

Menheniot is terrible, whole herds of wild chavs hanging round there just waiting to pounce on trainspotters innocently grabbing wxt 153 numbers. Watch your backs ;)

Simming

jdjonny said:
Menheniot is terrible, whole herds of wild chavs hanging round there just waiting to pounce on trainspotters innocently grabbing wxt 153 numbers. Watch your backs ;)

What was the 3 letter code for that station again, its slipped my mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.