• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Does anyone know all of Hull's freight terminals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HullSimplibus

Hey.

I wanted to list all of Hull's freight terminals e.t.c, and I was wondering if anyone had a full list as RealTimeTrains doesn't really show that much.

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Freightmaster

Established Member
I wanted to list all of Hull's freight terminals e.t.c, and I was wondering if anyone had a full list as RealTimeTrains doesn't really show that much.
There are biomass, steel and gypsum terminals within the docks, plus Dairycoates stone terminal
on the west side of the city: https://goo.gl/maps/p4nAa6hPHiF2

Coal also used to be loaded in the Docks, but that traffic has been superseded by biomass.

MARK

Last edited:

Ploughman

Established Member
Hull Speedlink yard and Hull Freightliner have also been and gone.
Both sited between Hessle and Hessle Rd Jcn at Hessle east jcn the link to the stone terminal is the last remnant.

Dr_Paul

Established Member
Coal also used to be loaded in the Docks, but that traffic has been superseded by biomass.

There's something deeply poignant about coal being imported into a port in Britain, and especially one that is not that far from what was a major coalfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.