• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Does failing an MMI cost you a “life”? Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thedispatcher

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone knows whether failing an MMI counts as a lost life in applying to drive. Also, have got one coming up and would appreciate any tips or advice on what to expect.

Cheers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GMT

Hi there,

Also, have got one coming up and would appreciate any tips or advice on what to expect.

Cheers.

My advice would be to Google MMI or Multi Modal Interview and see what you get. Use the search link on this forum; again, type MMI or Multi Modal Interview. As to what to expect, it should be explained in the material the TOC should have sent you. You should be asked six questions. Something resembling the ones below:

Describe a time where you've had to follow rules & procedures:

Describe a time where you've been involved in an emergency situation

Describe a time you've been on a training course for over 2 weeks or your greatest achievement

Describe a time where you've had to work for long periods of time alone

Describe a time you've had to solve a difficult problem

Give an example of undertaken task similar to train driver's role

and good luck.

danielg

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone knows whether failing an MMI counts as a lost life in applying to drive. Also, have got one coming up and would appreciate any tips or advice on what to expect.

Cheers.

Hi, I've been told it doesn't. I was only informed about the assessment day where if any one person fails twice thats it.

A friend of mine has failed two manger interviews and passed on his third. If that's anything to go by. Each interview was with a different TOC if that makes a difference.

Dynamonic

Hi, I've been told it doesn't. I was only informed about the assessment day where if any one person fails twice thats it.

A friend of mine has failed two manger interviews and passed on his third. If that's anything to go by. Each interview was with a different TOC if that makes a difference.

Hi danielq,

I believe you may be getting the two different interviews mixed up.
Failing the Multi-Modal Interview (MMI), which is part of the Stage 2 OPC Assessment, does count as a life lost I'm afraid.
The interview I believe you're referring to is the Driver Manager Interview (DMI), which is set by the TOC, and typically doesn't have 'lives'. :)
Your friend would have passed the 'DMI' on his third attempt, as the 'MMI' can only be attempted twice by a single person across all TOCs. (They all have the same MMI)

Last edited:

danielg

Hi danielq,

I believe you may be getting the two different interviews mixed up.
Failing the Multi-Modal Interview (MMI), which is part of the Stage 2 OPC Assessment, does count as a life lost I'm afraid.
The interview I believe you're referring to is the Driver Manager Interview (DMI), which is set by the TOC, and typically doesn't have 'lives'. :)
Your friend would have passed the 'DMI' on his third attempt, as the 'MMI' can only be attempted twice by a single person across all TOCs. (They all have the same MMI)

I know there's a difference between the two interviews, I was just adding to the convo but good to know, wasn't told about this. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.