• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Does this encourage people to Grafitti trains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbtc

Veteran Member
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Most InterCity trains are kept in depots when not in use, and it is fairly complex to grafitti here without being noticed. Hopefully it will divert their attention from doing it to the real thing. Some of the grafatti on railways (but not on actual rail land) is quite good, not that I encourage it though.

CarterUSM

Established Member
Is this really a problem anymore? I know it isn't where I work, some substance is applied to the graffiti and it just gets sprayed off, takes less than a minute. Someone should be able to explain that better with perhaps more conviction than myself all the same.

richw

Veteran Member
someone i used to work with used to graffiti, and he took pride in drawing his own designs everywhere, i never understood his pride or anything about what he was doing!

Established Member
I've seen this before on a modelling website, and we had a good discussion on it then. TBH, I don't think it would encourage it, the main reason people grafitti trains is to get noticed, and you'll get noticed by a lot more people tagging a train that moves around instead of a trackside box.

This person has used those transfers on their layout to good effect. But I still wouldn't think that it would encourage someone to go and buy a can of spray paint and tag a carriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.