• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Does this train have some thing missing then? (LNER Mk4 with no 91 on the Country end)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincolnshire

An East Coast train at Doncaster heading South the other evening.
Where did I leave that loco and how did it get here.IMG_20180626_212424.jpg IMG_20180626_212424.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tobberz

Interesting sight. Is that a window at the back, meaning you can do the old fun thing of watching the track out the rear?

noddingdonkey

Presumably the loco has been run round and is at the other end of the train, due to a failure of the DVT or the control mechanisms from it. Not sure why there is an external tail light on the mk4 though, it should have one built in.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Not sure why there is an external tail light on the mk4 though, it should have one built in.
They're hardly ever used so I'd not be surprised if one or both of the lamps wasn't working. Even if they were working they're usually filthy so whoever was setting it up may well have preferred to hang a lamp rather than get filthy themselves cleaning them up.
Is that a window at the back, meaning you can do the old fun thing of watching the track out the rear?

There is but it's usually absolutely filthy so you can see very little from them in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.