• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Donald Trump and the aftermath of his presidency

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bantamzen

Established Member
Can I ask that the UK get a constitution in it we are allowed to have well regulated militia to protect us from the King of the US.
And this is the thing that really gets me. Trump incites his gun toting supporters to storm Capitol Hill, using the 2nd Amendment as cover. Except the Trump supporters weren't armed because Trump would not allow arms to his rallies...

'Merica...

nw1

Established Member
Yes, and founder of the Trump Dynasty - hereditary rulers of the Trump States of America.

I had the image of Trump naming his "won" Blue Wall states after himself. So Trumpsylvania, Trumpigan and Trumpsconsin.

And renaming a mountain outside Wakefield, PA, "Mount Trump", complete with a massive 100m plastic statue of himself on its summit, to celebrate his winning of the state and the city in 2016. Said statue would beam down lasers out of its eyes should someone attempt to trespass on the mountain in order to vandalise it.

Of course there was a secret back way up the mountain out of the statue's stare and in November 2020 a group of people finally got up there and cut off its electricity supply, before toppling it.

;)

And this is the thing that really gets me. Trump incites his gun toting supporters to storm Capitol Hill, using the 2nd Amendment as cover. Except the Trump supporters weren't armed because Trump would not allow arms to his rallies...

'Merica...

I've heard Trump criticise pro-Palestine protests at American universities this week.

So it's OK for him to storm the Capitol, but it's not OK for others to protest, of course.

Last edited:

Peter Sarf

Established Member
I feel a thirteenth month coming on. After all Julius Caesar and Augustus Caesar added July and August to the previously ten month year. The new month "Trump" would be between July and August and be at least 51 days long......

Note the UK will be allowed to be the 51st State.

nw1

Established Member
I feel a thirteenth month coming on. After all Julius Caesar and Augustus Caesar added July and August to the previously ten month year. The new month "Trump" would be between July and August and be at least 51 days long......

Note the UK will be allowed to be the 51st State.

"Allowed", or "forced to be"?

Hopefully Sunak (who might be amenable to such a thing) will have gone by the time there is the possibility of Trump being in power.

jon0844

Veteran Member
I had the image of Trump naming his "won" Blue Wall states after himself. So Trumpsylvania, Trumpigan and Trumpsconsin.

And renaming a mountain outside Wakefield, PA, "Mount Trump", complete with a massive 100m plastic statue of himself on its summit, to celebrate his winning of the state and the city in 2016. Said statue would beam down lasers out of its eyes should someone attempt to trespass on the mountain in order to vandalise it.

Of course there was a secret back way up the mountain out of the statue's stare and in November 2020 a group of people finally got up there and cut off its electricity supply, before toppling it.

;)

I've heard Trump criticise pro-Palestine protests at American universities this week.

So it's OK for him to storm the Capitol, but it's not OK for others to protest, of course.

The right are the ones that push the great replacement theory and it was Trump who supported people marching and chanting 'the jews will not replace us' so it's quite rich to suddenly attack the pro-peace protests (which were sit down protests as far as I could see, for the most part*). Trump's Truth Social post saying Biden hates Jews finished by saying he hated Palestinians even more, which didn't make sense except that he realised it might otherwise be seen that Biden was actually supportive of the plight in Gaza - so wrote something nonsensical.

It's ironic because the USA has given unrivaled support to Israel and supplies weapons.

* Like in the UK, a minority of Zionists tried to cause trouble by entering with jumpers with Jew and Israel, and the star, on them - but from what has been shown, nobody took the bait - most likely because a lot of Jewish people are in those protests and, contrary to what some are saying, they're not protesting their support for Hamas - but the safety of the citizens.

nw1

Established Member
The right are the ones that push the great replacement theory and it was Trump who supported people marching and chanting 'the jews will not replace us' so it's quite rich to suddenly attack the pro-peace protests (which were sit down protests as far as I could see, for the most part*). Trump's Truth Social post saying Biden hates Jews finished by saying he hated Palestinians even more, which didn't make sense except that he realised it might otherwise be seen that Biden was actually supportive of the plight in Gaza - so wrote something nonsensical.
It seems to be that many on the right are quite happy to be generically anti-Semitic when it suits their aims, but woe betide you if you criticise the bombing of Gaza.

birchesgreen

Established Member
It seems to be that many on the right are quite happy to be generically anti-Semitic when it suits their aims, but woe betide you if you criticise the bombing of Gaza.
Many on the right are extreme evangelical Christians who want the end of the world which they think war in Israel will facilitate as they think that will bring about the Rapture.

The Ham

Established Member
"Allowed", or "forced to be"?

Hopefully Sunak (who might be amenable to such a thing) will have gone by the time there is the possibility of Trump being in power.

If there were free and fair elections, many have pointed out that the UK (given us population) would shift the power week away from the Republicans (you think the Tories are right wing and they are probably on a par with the Democrats) - of course many would argue that the American system hasn't been free and fair for some time and a second Trump term would likely make it even less so.

Many on the right are extreme evangelical Christians who want the end of the world which they think war in Israel will facilitate as they think that will bring about the Rapture.

The Rapture is only one possible outcome and is based on a limited number of verses and even then isn't overtly clear. Unlike concepts like the need to love others (especially those who have done wrong) - but given that some American preachers can say that a woman wearing short trousers are "asking for it" I'm not sure their Bible knowledge is that good.

(On the plus side, when a judge started that someone was guilty of assaulting a woman, where there had been underaged drinking, but because of the 4 year minimum term declared not guilty he was removed as being a judge - so there's some hope).