• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Doncaster - Northern Psychometric testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caad12

Anyone going on Tuesday? I'm down for the second attempt and absolutely bricking it now :D

Done all I can revision wise, particular attention paid to Dials. Apparently No WCT though.

All on the day but god I want this job so much.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richfoz84

If this is your second attempt, you shouldn’t have to re sit the ones you passed last time, just for your info

Caad12

If this is your second attempt, you shouldn’t have to re sit the ones you passed last time, just for your info

Yeah I found that out at interview - just got to crack on with Dials onwards. Thanks for the reminder though, makes me feel slightly less nervous :smile:

tmmchale

hello there - applied for Newcastle

Nice! Best of luck for the tests! I passed mine on my second attempt back in January - currently awaiting a medical/start date. Looks like they're still on with the recruitment but hoping to hear something soon!

Comfy

Good luck. Just wondering when you applied? I applied in December but got the email to say they weren't progressing with the jobs.

Caad12

Nice! Best of luck for the tests! I passed mine on my second attempt back in January - currently awaiting a medical/start date. Looks like they're still on with the recruitment but hoping to hear something soon!

fantastic news that - well done.

I’m desperate to pass but realise it’s on the day so I’ll give it my best. I hope you go on & have a great career with Northern.

Caad12

Good luck. Just wondering when you applied? I applied in December but got the email to say they weren't progressing with the jobs.
Think it was November when I applied. Interviewed in January at Newcastle and now on to Doncaster.
Thank you for the good luck - fingers crossed you get that elusive invite soon.

tmmchale

Think it was November when I applied. Interviewed in January at Newcastle and now on to Doncaster.
Thank you for the good luck - fingers crossed you get that elusive invite soon.

I applied early October then heard nothing until just before Christmas when they called me out of the blue inviting me to an interview in early Jan. Passed the DMI then the tests a couple of weeks later. A long wait, then everything at once, and now back to waiting! Thankfully the DMI/tests are dealt with now so i'm more than happy waiting for a date (as much as I want to get started!) knowing they're out of the way!
Thank you, again best of luck for the tests!

Caad12

I applied early October then heard nothing until just before Christmas when they called me out of the blue inviting me to an interview in early Jan. Passed the DMI then the tests a couple of weeks later. A long wait, then everything at once, and now back to waiting! Thankfully the DMI/tests are dealt with now so i'm more than happy waiting for a date (as much as I want to get started!) knowing they're out of the way!
Thank you, again best of luck for the tests!

:smile: Ah man i hope I’m in your position next week.

Best of luck for your career.

Antv9557

I’ve just had the email this morning, asking me to attend it for next Tuesday over in Doncaster. I’ve applied for the Blackburn post.

Caad12

I’ve just had the email this morning, asking me to attend it for next Tuesday over in Doncaster. I’ve applied for the Blackburn post.

good luck with the testing. I’m currently sat in the hotel awaiting my own D Day ;)

Antv9557

Quick question, the TEA-Occ paper test is that match the double symbols up ✖️✖️➕➕ etc etc or is the find a key ie post office, plumber etc with the right area code?

fermit

I applied early October then heard nothing until just before Christmas when they called me out of the blue inviting me to an interview in early Jan. Passed the DMI then the tests a couple of weeks later. A long wait, then everything at once, and now back to waiting!
Yep - exactly the same for me.

Caad12

Quick question, the TEA-Occ paper test is that match the double symbols up ✖️✖️➕➕ etc etc or is the find a key ie post office, plumber etc with the right area code?
Ahhh it’s been over a year since I did that test & rightfully I cannot definitely say. Apologies. Someone on the forum will know the answer to your question though.

tmmchale

Congrats!! Got my medical and provisional start date yesterday, hope you get one soon enough!

Caad12

Congrats!! Got my medical and provisional start date yesterday, hope you get one soon enough!
Thanks. Got the standard email tonight re Medical and no immediate start dates.
Fingers crossed it’s not too long.

Congrats on your start date - bet you can’t wait :D

Caad12

How was the computer tests? I've done my paper assessment with a FOC and just need to complete the computer assessment and MMI.
Really not bad. Practice your vigilance for the images & if you’ve got some kind of game that involves moving things with your thumbs then practice that too!

19pop

Thanks all for the advice so far.

Got my tests coming up week after next. I've already recieved an invite for a medical two days after the tests though, is this usual?

richfoz84

Thanks all for the advice so far.

Got my tests coming up week after next. I've already recieved an invite for a medical two days after the tests though, is this usual?

Do you have any holiday that would halt you immediate start? They are desperate to fill up course dates very quickly at the moment so this is probably why.. good luck with the tests!

Status
Not open for further replies.