• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Doncaster to Selby Hull Trains e-ticket(or not)

HarryF

Hello

I’m thinking of buying a Doncaster to Selby routed Hull Trains Only, with a 26-30 railcard it costs £5.90.

This is the ticket (if I’ve managed to link it correctly)

https://www.brfares.com/!faredetail?orig=DON&dest=SBY&rlc=TST&rte=71&tkt=SDS

However, no matter which app or website I try to purchase it on, it won’t fulfil as an e-ticket. Is there some weird setup with this ticket in that prevents it being delivered as an e-ticket?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Nothing weird, just not set up to be fulfilled as eTicket.

Adam Williams

Established Member
Nothing weird, just not set up to be fulfilled as eTicket.

I dunno, given there are about 107 other tickets type/route combinations on the same flow that are E-Ticketable including a mixture of those fare-set by LNER and Hull Trains, I'd characterise it as pretty weird and inconsistent.

Adam Williams

Established Member
Nothing unusual at all, I've just checked and all LNER tickets are enabled.
What's the relevance of LNER's tickets to this thread though (only than demonstrating that LNER know how to use RCS and are pretty consistent at enabling their tickets?)

On this flow we have:

Hull Trains, an Advance Single routed "Only valid on booked Hull Trains services" - E-Ticketable.
Hull Trains, an Anytime Day Single routed "Hull Trains Only" on exactly the same trains between exactly the same stations - ToD only.

C'mon, you've got to admit this is just stupid.

I appreciate neither station has automatic gates, but clearly LNER don't see this as a blocker to E-Ticketability. The SDS is also priced so close to the refund admin fee that there is effectively no benefit to fraudulently refunding the ticket.

How're you meant to explain any of this to a prospective customer? How people are still defending the current status quo with RCS is beyond me.

Haywain

Veteran Member
In my experience, inconsistency in RCS data is far from weird. And that isn't a defence of RCS.

Joe Paxton

Established Member
What do Hull Trains say?

I'd imagine the first response would be something that completely misses the point.

[...]
How're you meant to explain any of this to a prospective customer? How people are still defending the current status quo with RCS is beyond me.

I reckon the current status quo will have to muddle along for a bit longer - anything which requires a proper systematic overhaul won't happen before 'GBR' finally comes into some form of existence, and that won't happen until at the very least a year or two after the election of a new government and the passage of enabling legislation. And railways aren't likely to be at the very top of the priorities list.