Doncaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2005
Messages
2,807
Hi all,

I don't think this has allready been mentioned:

A derialed freight train near/in Doncaster station is causing disruption to all northbound services, because only Platform 4 is in use.

Does anyone know more?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

taw valley

Member
Joined
4 Jan 2006
Messages
184
Location
south west london
Derailed train at Doncaster station
Time Reported: 10:25
Route Affected: All routes via Doncaster
TOC/s Affected: Central Trains, GNER, Hull Trains, Northern Rail, Transpennine Express, Virgin Trains
Description: Train services are being disrupted at Doncaster station due to a derailed train. Short notice alterations, cancellations and delays can be expected. There is currently no estimate for a normal train service to resume
Updates: 11:34 Northbound train services are currently unable to use platforms 6, 7, and 8 at Doncaster station due to a derailed freight train. All northbound services will use platform 4, leading to congestion in the area.



Source Network Rail
_________________
 

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2005
Messages
2,807
taw valley said:
Derailed train at Doncaster station
Time Reported: 10:25
Route Affected: All routes via Doncaster
TOC/s Affected: Central Trains, GNER, Hull Trains, Northern Rail, Transpennine Express, Virgin Trains
Description: Train services are being disrupted at Doncaster station due to a derailed train. Short notice alterations, cancellations and delays can be expected. There is currently no estimate for a normal train service to resume
Updates: 11:34 Northbound train services are currently unable to use platforms 6, 7, and 8 at Doncaster station due to a derailed freight train. All northbound services will use platform 4, leading to congestion in the area. [quote/]

Oops, forgot to include that! I think you mean the source is National Rail though ;)



Source Network Rail
_________________
 

TheSlash

Established Member
Joined
7 Jun 2005
Messages
2,339
Location
Marwell Zoo
voyagerdude220 said:
It was 66551 which derailed, according to The Track Talk Page.
SPAD which lead him onto the catch points. Rerailed by the Bruff from Toton {cheers to WNXX forum}
 

Ben

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
999
TheSlash said:
voyagerdude220 said:
It was 66551 which derailed, according to The Track Talk Page.
SPAD which lead him onto the catch points. Rerailed by the Bruff from Toton {cheers to WNXX forum}

Somebodies in for a Long "chat" With his/her manager!
 

TheSlash

Established Member
Joined
7 Jun 2005
Messages
2,339
Location
Marwell Zoo
158 said:
TheSlash said:
voyagerdude220 said:
It was 66551 which derailed, according to The Track Talk Page.
SPAD which lead him onto the catch points. Rerailed by the Bruff from Toton {cheers to WNXX forum}

Somebodies in for a Long "chat" With his/her manager!
They were saying on WNXX that it is a multi SPAD signal, apparently it's easily confussed with another signal
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top