• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dont It Suck When....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simming

Trucks Hit Bridges and overhead Lines.

I was at peterborough yesterday, doing some videoing, and around something past 3 there was this twang noise on both the up and down through lines, and the OH line were vibrating together under the footbridge. couple of minutes later a GNER comes rolling along and pulls up to the through signal, it was meant to be going non stop, and it was silent, apart from the normal ticking of air. driver lowers the pantography and gets out onto the phone. no power what so ever...and from then on after yesterday, nothing electric was running to time, as a truck had hit the wires at holme, and if it caused a vibration all the way to peterborough station, it obviously did alot of damage.

and we never got to go back via the eurostar, we had to go back on another extra service, changing at donny. All WAGN and GNER services were late, up and down.

why cant truck drivers read signs, i propose that all truck drivers have relevent qualifications in GCSE maths and english so they dont do this again!

Big Down Peterborough GNER station Staff, for being idiots when you ask them for information on why the leeds train has just disappeared from the TV screens, and there was no annoucement from the staff on the station as to why. Big up Northern for letting us use GNER tickets on Donny Leeds Stoppers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Simming said:
Big up Northern for letting us use GNER tickets on Donny Leeds Stoppers.
You mean you walked right past us and never said hello? :cry:

I think you caught this?

I got on the HST that was behind your Eurostar. (Which was then held at York for the Aberdeen HST to be let through!)

Simming

Nope, I never got 407, I got a Pacer, I think its the second to last stopper service.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Simming said:
Nope, I never got 407, I got a Pacer, I think its the second to last stopper service.
What time were you there? were you on the 1505 ex-King's Cross? as that's the Eurostar we saw terminating.

John and Scott stayed at Doncaster later than me, I think until 19:20. You must have seen them!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Simming said:
if they were there at around 10, then I may have.
In that case you were on the 1850, and it wasn't even booked to call at Donny.

TheSlash

Established Member
Never heard of a truck hitting the wires before, that must of been like November 5th come early to anyone near by.
Unfortunatly some people just don't understand the danger of low bridges.
A few months ago i went to a bridge bash where a lorry had tried to go under a bridge with its hydrolic grab arm up right and facing forward. Parts of the arm hit the bridge parapit whilst the claw went through the protecting railings and onto the track. Luckily a train wasn't approaching the driver had the sense to slam the lorry into reverse and pull the arm clear.
Fair play to the cops, they did him for dangerous driving and aload of out standing warrants aswell 8)

joeholmes

I was braving GNER again that day, I have to say I do like the vairity of the trains, I was on the 1720 from donny.... Shame that it was 20mins late but considering the problems i think it was dealt with well by GNER...

However Ive said it once and Ill say it again..... Bloody Electric trains..

lol

Joe

TheSlash

Established Member
Royalscot said:
I never took a job up in the RH industry because it became quite apparent that it was slack and full of cowboys.
And your last employeer was different? :lol: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.