• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'Don't wait at the bus stop'

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLA365

yorkie said:
A bus stop or a shelter in an unacceptable place to wait really shouldn't be there in the first place, and any waffling about manouvres is just irrelevant IMO.

Or, am I missing something?
In London, there are many instances where bus stops have been moved to sections of the road which are straight (e.g. when routes are converted from double-deck to bendy buses) so that the bendies have enough room to manoeuvre. When this happens, the bus stop sign is moved, but usually the shelter is left where it was before the conversion (sometimes for months!).

Passengers are advised to wait at the bus stops in London not the shelters, as there are several disused shelters especially on Oxford Street, where the number of bus stops has been halved after route 73 has been converted to bendy buses.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
By the way I forgot to add that I made the complaint over the web. It was VERY easy to do, and they wrote back to me (I provided my address on the form) within about 3 days.

If anyone else has similar experiences please do complain (it doesn't take long) and let us know on here what happens. We may be able to make a difference!

DLA365

Was it their "standard response" or did they provide actual details/results of their investigation and what they would do to improve the situation?

Dave A

Over a year ago a little Arriva London North route called the 382 was invented to fill the gap of having to go round the long way (2 - 3 buses :roll: ) to get to a place called Southgate or Mill Hill East in the opposite direction.

Anyway. At first it was a brilliant route. ALL the bus drivers were friendly, smiling and just generally "nice" and apart from a journey of around 1 hour to go from one end to another, the route was generally "nice".

But now its awful. Most of the bus drivers act like they've been given a death sentance, they're moody and generally "not nice". Why? I don't know but where I used to live, it was the same when a new bus route came. Maybe its something to do with a "new adventure" on a new route or is bus driving is really that bad :?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
DLA365 said:
Was it their "standard response" or did they provide actual details/results of their investigation and what they would do to improve the situation?
I don't think this was a standard response!

Although maybe the gibberish bit is added as standard to make it look like they've done a major investigation ;)

DLA365

London Tube said:
Over a year ago a little Arriva London North route called the 382 was invented to fill the gap of having to go round the long way (2 - 3 buses :roll: ) to get to a place called Southgate or Mill Hill East in the opposite direction.
I've used that route several times to go from Arnos Grove to Finchley Central (now I get the Rail replacement bus which is quicker ;) ), and it is operated by my local garage (Edmonton). These drivers sometimes drive my local 34 and 444, and I have to say many of them are considerate (wait for people running for the bus, drive carefully, etc.) but you do get the odd nutter.

There have been quite a few new drivers lately, so maybe these ones are being trained on the 382, as the route and buses are easier to drive than the massive double deckers on the 34? Or has Arriva made the 382 timetable so tight that only Jeremy Clarkson can run to the timetable using an Aston Martin? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.