• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Double post prevention system removed and top poster list missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
It isn't the end of the known world that the top posters list isn't currently available ;)

The forum team will fix whatever is causing the issues when they get time

Did you see posting # 26 by our esteemed moderator, ainsworth74 and please note that other issues than that are also involved.

The title of the thread has now been amended to reflect matters,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AM9

Veteran Member
I'm also having problems with video links. Clicking on the screen in either Firefox or Chrome just says:
"An error occurred. Please try again later. Then there is a "Playback ID followed by a long unique number and a link to a You Tube help page.

Crossover

Established Member
Interesting that SSC are using a Beta version in production...rather brave to say the least!

Established Member
You can still see the all time top posters on the forum members list, which can be found in the "Quick Links" menu at the top of the page. On the members list itself just sort the post count into descending order.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
You can still see the all time top posters on the forum members list, which can be found in the "Quick Links" menu at the top of the page. On the members list itself just sort the post count into descending order.

Those who subscribe to conspiracy theories on this website may well cast their minds back a few years when the fait accompli of removing any posting totals made on the Quizzes and Games forum from the "officially recognised" master posting totals occurred, so this final removal of the link at the bottom of the master forum index page could well be seen as the second and final part of this "master plan"...:D:D:D

Last edited:

trainophile

Established Member
Aren't you all a competitive lot? :lol: I quite like to see my own post count, but I'm not the slightest bit worried about anyone else's. It's interesting to notice who has posted millions, but the pecking order doesn't bother me :lol: .

backontrack

Established Member
Those who subscribe to conspiracy theories on this website may well cast their minds back a few years when the fait accompli of removing any posting totals made on the Quizzes and Games forum from the "officially recognised" master posting totals occurred, so this final removal of the link at the bottom of the master forum index page could well be seen as the second and final part of this "master plan"...:D:D:D

This link will take you to the correct list.

I'm on page 5 of that list, but a few places above me, at the very top of the page is the name of thefab444, whose post count will sadly never increase. :(

Last edited:

Crossover

Established Member
Aren't you all a competitive lot? :lol: I quite like to see my own post count, but I'm not the slightest bit worried about anyone else's. It's interesting to notice who has posted millions, but the pecking order doesn't bother me :lol: .

To be honest, I'm not overly fussed - I just post as and when there is something to add (arguably this isn't one of those times ;)) - I am slightly surprised to find I am within the top 60 posters though - maybe I need to get out a bit more :P

317 forever

Established Member
In another forum I am pleased they do not have a Duplicate Post Prevention System. If I am replying to posts from different people, I prefer to keep my reply posts seperate, unless they are basically saying the same thing.

trainophile

Established Member
In another forum I am pleased they do not have a Duplicate Post Prevention System. If I am replying to posts from different people, I prefer to keep my reply posts seperate, unless they are basically saying the same thing.

I agree, and with the use of the "multi quote" facility our options are open anyway, either to reply individually or collectively.

I would imagine the occasions when someone accidentally submits a post twice are pretty rare, although granted that it's more likely on this forum, as we are often posting from moving trains!

backontrack

Established Member
I agree, and with the use of the "multi quote" facility our options are open anyway, either to reply individually or collectively.

That function is very useful. It's more difficult to reply to individual points in a longer post, especially on a phone.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Who swapped the order of subjects round in "other forums"? <(

I just blanked a category I usually read because it's berthed in the position normally occupied by one I don't bother with, and I boarded a category I don't bother with because it's in the position of one I do... <(

#supermarketsyndrome :roll:

Kite159

Veteran Member
Who swapped the order of subjects round in "other forums"? <(

I just blanked a category I usually read because it's berthed in the position normally occupied by one I don't bother with, and I boarded a category I don't bother with because it's in the position of one I do... <(

#supermarketsyndrome :roll:

I noticed the reordering of the subforums within Other Forums as well, seems a bit odd.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The Forum Staff will provide information regarding any other changes when it is appropriate to do so.

Lrd

Established Member
I wonder when they'll fix the bug with the banner at the top of the page. It keeps showing a Voyager instead of a proper train...

Crossover

Established Member
The computer does only what it is told to do. In theory!

Absolutely! As my colleague says, a bug is when the computer is doing what it has been told to do, rather than what you think you have told it to do

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I think that it should be noted that there may well be technical problems. including third-party matters, that can be the causation of certain matters and it seems very unfair to hold the forum staff, all of who are volunteers, responsible for matters outwith their remit.

I feel that thanks are overdue to these forum staff who work so hard to provide us with the website that we all use and enjoy. I am sure that any remaining technical matters will be resolved as soon as matters that we are unaware of are dealt with.

In the meantime, let us all enjoy what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.