• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dress code for assessment day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jacob Didcote

I had my paper assessments 3 weeks ago, I rocked up in a shirt and tie but everyone else wore shirt and jeans/trousers one even came in joggers! The TOC mentioned in the email to wear something comfortable as you'll be there for a few hours and they want you to feel as relaxed as possible.

skyhigh

Established Member
Anyone have a idea of dress code for assessment days ?
Depends what the assessment is.

Driver psychometrics, go smart. Some kind of engineering/technical assessment that requires manual work will be different.

FlyingVixen

Usually the OC will inform of whether it would be smart or smart casual. I went with a stripy shirt and some black jeans as it was smart casual for me.

Whilst I would personally always turn up in shirt etc, the assessment is not an interview, so as long as you are not wearing something offensive you should be fine.

king_walnut

Dunno why anyone is suggesting formal smart for an assessment day Smart casual is absolutely fine.

Luckyflames

I wore a suit tie etc. A lot of TOC’s you will do Paper tests In the morning. Computer tests in the afternoon. And if successful followed by MMI. And I’m
Sure your appearance is looked at.

SRH

If everyone has the same lazer focus on the tests as they do with attire

Everyone is gonna pass!good luck to all.

Groindz

I wore a shirt with a jumper on top and dressed trousers. I felt comfortable enough.

There was a few other people who wore jeans and trainers with a jumper.

So wear what makes you feel good

LCC106

Established Member
You can always take a jacket and tie off for the psychometrics for comfort, then put back on for interview. Each to their own.

James185

If you mean driver psychometric assessments then smart or smart casual. I wore a suit and felt relaxed enough in the assessments.

If you mean an assessment day for something along the lines of train manager, conductor, dispatcher, customer service staff etc then go with smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.