• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Driver Course 17th Feb Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB0161

Morning, I was reaching out to see if anyone on here is starting the Trainee drivers course on the 17th February at Manchester.

When my papaerwork was sent out it stated that there was a two day induction period at a venue yet to be decided.

Has anybody heard from HR yet as to where that is

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Llama

Established Member
Day one should be your company induction at the training academy in Manchester (assuming you're not sent to Leeds training academy instead, this rarely happens for west side trainees though). Day two should be your depot induction where all trainees in the class go to their respective traincrew depots where they will be based in the latter stages of training and obviously as a qualified driver, the depot induction will be done by a driver manager from that depot.

Lee0901

I did induction in September it was 2 days at hilton roundtree at piccadilly

DJD

I’m starting conductor training on the 17th in Manchester. I’m still waiting for them to confirm where the induction is as it says on the letter ‘to be confirmed’. I wonder if we will all be together? Have it got it right.. is it smart casual for the induction??

Llama

Established Member
Smart casual will do yes, don't be like Will, forget the briefcase...

Company induction will probably be each separate class individually at the training school, with your respective allocated trainer. Depot induction will be at your traincrew depot with a driver manager for drivers and a conductor manager for conductors.

rb123

I’m starting conductor training on the 17th in Manchester. I’m still waiting for them to confirm where the induction is as it says on the letter ‘to be confirmed’. I wonder if we will all be together? Have it got it right.. is it smart casual for the induction??
That’s great news well done. What depot are you going to be based at? I’ve been told by hr that I’m on the course same as you but still waiting for contract through the post. Have you recieved yours?

DJD

That’s great news well done. What depot are you going to be based at? I’ve been told by hr that I’m on the course same as you but still waiting for contract through the post. Have you recieved yours?

Yeah everything is all signed and has been sent back. I’m based at Piccadilly. How about you??

rb123

Yeah everything is all signed and has been sent back. I’m based at Piccadilly. How about you??
I applied for Manchester Depots so aint sure which depot I will be based at. Hopefully I get the paperwork in the next few days so I can sign and return before starting on 17th

richfoz84

Guys, would someone mind sharing info re salary? Ie how long you’re on low training pay for etc, when that increases and what to etc.
Feel free to message me.
I turned down start date of 30/3 as have a holiday booked in June.
Not had chance to ask about money yet.

Cheers

Lee0901

Guys, would someone mind sharing info re salary? Ie how long you’re on low training pay for etc, when that increases and what to etc.
Feel free to message me.
I turned down start date of 30/3 as have a holiday booked in June.
Not had chance to ask about money yet.

Cheers
I'm coming out with about £1380 every 4 weeks. It goes up after a year or after pass out which ever is first.

Fixie

2 day induction at the Mercure hotel, just across the road from the training academy.
Dinner is provided(buffet lunch)
Bring some matchsticks to keep your eyelids open!

Llama

Established Member
The training salary does go up after a year or passout, so long as it isn't down to the trainee why they haven't passed out (eg avoidable leave such as unpaid leave, sickness after non-essential surgery or poor standard on assessment).

Currently c.20k training rate, rising to c.43k once successfully passed out or twelve months anniversary after starting, c.47k in year two then £54,500 after year two.

richfoz84

The training salary does go up after a year or passout, so long as it isn't down to the trainee why they haven't passed out (eg avoidable leave such as unpaid leave, sickness after non-essential surgery or poor standard on assessment).

Currently c.20k training rate, rising to c.43k once successfully passed out or twelve months anniversary after starting, c.47k in year two then £54,500 after year two.

Hi mate,
Thanks for this info!
I’m Just wondering, Do you work for northern? In the job advert I had it was 38k in year one not 43k? All very confusing that’s why I thought I’d ask someone who would know.
I’ll be almost halving my salary initially hence my concern.
I wonder once it’s nationalised, if it’ll go up or not..?

Llama

Established Member
There has been a productivity deal which has bumped pay up. However wait until you get the full details yourself, you will find out more when you start.

richfoz84

There has been a productivity deal which has bumped pay up. However wait until you get the full details yourself, you will find out more when you start.
Thanks dude like I say just concerned about lower income initially with a family to support. I’ll be speaking to HR soon and I’ll ask the questions then too, thanks kindly for the replies

Status
Not open for further replies.