• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Driver Manager Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owen83

What questions, should one expect at this stage?
Im expecting fully formal, a few ice breakers then straight into the meat of the interview with competency based questions?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Driver2B

Mine started off with a verification of where I lived and a look at travel times on Google Maps.
They then started off by talking about my employment history, why I applied for this role, why I think that this role would suit me, etc. as per a usual job interview.
They also asked what I knew about the company.
Then they asked competency-based questions.

I was interviewed by a driver manager, who was really friendly, and she was accompanied by a member of the HR team, who didn't ask much, but wasn't really friendly.
They both wrote down everything.

Owen83

Mine started off with a verification of where I lived and a look at travel times on Google Maps.
They then started off by talking about my employment history, why I applied for this role, why I think that this role would suit me, etc. as per a usual job interview.
They also asked what I knew about the company.
Then they asked competency-based questions.

I was interviewed by a driver manager, who was really friendly, and she was accompanied by a member of the HR team, who didn't ask much, but wasn't really friendly.
They both wrote down everything.
Awesome thank you.
Do you remember how many competency based questions you were asked, and what they were?

AG1994

The DMI can be vastly different across TOCs and FOCs, some are almost identical to an MMI/CBI and some are relatively informal chats. Some focus on competency questions whilst some include a focus on customer service potentially with a customer service style manager involved. They may ask you about routes and traction their drivers sign (basic info only) or ask you to describe what you think the day in a life of a driver is like. They’ll likely probe your ability to work shifts and want convincing proof you can work crazy hours whilst remaining healthy.

Mine consisted of a driver manager and senior driver manager getting to know me personally and then asking similar questions to my MMI with questions like “when have you broke rules at work” (hint, saying I never break the rules is the wrong answer).

Prepare for a formal interview that’s going to ask a lot of you, then if you’re lucky you’ll be over prepared.

r8k

The DMI can be vastly different across TOCs and FOCs, some are almost identical to an MMI/CBI and some are relatively informal chats. Some focus on competency questions whilst some include a focus on customer service potentially with a customer service style manager involved. They may ask you about routes and traction their drivers sign (basic info only) or ask you to describe what you think the day in a life of a driver is like. They’ll likely probe your ability to work shifts and want convincing proof you can work crazy hours whilst remaining healthy.

Mine consisted of a driver manager and senior driver manager getting to know me personally and then asking similar questions to my MMI with questions like “when have you broke rules at work” (hint, saying I never break the rules is the wrong answer).

Prepare for a formal interview that’s going to ask a lot of you, then if you’re lucky you’ll be over prepared.
Who was this with. I have mine coming up next week, I'm going to be doing as much research as I can on the TOC but also use my current railway experience within my answers. The only difference I have ATM is I work for a FOC

Status
Not open for further replies.