• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Driver parking London Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucyk

Hi, I’m due to start training with Southern out of London Bridge. Do any drivers have any advice on somewhere you can park? I’m guessing some of my early turns/late finishes will mean I have to drive on occasion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mmbeak78

Hi, I’m due to start training with Southern out of London Bridge. Do any drivers have any advice on somewhere you can park? I’m guessing some of my early turns/late finishes will mean I have to drive on occasion
Hi, There is a designated car park that you should be able to use; ask for the relevant form from your trainer/instructor when you start your training, which then needs to be filled in by yourself and a Network Rail rep (their office is located on the concourse near platform 15 IIRC)

Mattyblob

There's parking at London Bridge but as it's in the Congestion zone it's probably wise to explore other options, there isn't many extreme turns

IKB

London Bridge has a taxi agreement for when you can't get public transport. You local line manager / union rep will provide details I'm sure.

ninhog

London Bridge has a taxi agreement for when you can't get public transport. You local line manager / union rep will provide details I'm sure.

Isn’t a taxi agreement TOC-specific? Even then, it’s not available in new employee contracts.

godfreycomplex

Established Member
Isn’t a taxi agreement TOC-specific? Even then, it’s not available in new employee contracts.
Whether it is or isn’t is also TOC specific I believe, also London Bridge only has one TOC with a train crew depot

IKB

The person asked about London Bridge.
The only TOC with a depot is Southern. So not sure what your point is.
AFAIK all drivers at London Bridge come under the taxi agreement.

Mattyblob

The person asked about London Bridge.
The only TOC with a depot is Southern. So not sure what your point is.
AFAIK all drivers at London Bridge come under the taxi agreement.
Taxi agreement doesn't apply to new drivers now

ninhog

So not sure what your point is.
My apologies for not being clear.

The taxi agreement (which I believe is the same across GTR) is conditional and hasn’t been available to new starters as part of their contract since around 2017.

Therefore, responsibility for newer Southern employees to get to work for the start of their shift (and to get home again afterwards) rests squarely with the employee.

Status
Not open for further replies.