• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Driver training time Bakerloo v Victoria line

74A

I was wondering how long the driver training time varied depending on which line you drive ?

I assume the Victoria, where the train drives itself between stations, would be shorter compared to the Bakerloo where the train is manually driven.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dstock7080

Established Member
Central, Bakerloo, District, H&C and Metropolitan also require National Rail rules and regulations training, which adds to the training time.
Victoria Line drivers need to able to drive in Restricted Manual due to defect or requirements.

TrainBoy98

Central, Bakerloo, District, H&C and Metropolitan also require National Rail rules and regulations training, which adds to the training time.
Victoria Line drivers need to able to drive in Restricted Manual due to defect or requirements.
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but why do the Central and H&C lines require this? The others I know share tracks with NR

Dstock7080

Established Member
Central runs alongside NR tracks, Ealing Broadway, Stratford, West Ruislip-North Acton
H&C runs alongside NR Westbourne Park-Paddington, Bow curve-Barking
District runs alongside NR, Bow curve-Upminster, Wimbledon-Wimbledon Park and runs over NR infrastructure Gunnersbury-Richmond. East Putney-Wimbledon is operated under NR procedures.
Metropolitan runs alongside NR Finchley Road-Harrow.

TrainBoy98

Central runs alongside NR tracks, Ealing Broadway, Stratford, West Ruislip-North Acton
H&C runs alongside NR Westbourne Park-Paddington, Bow curve-Barking
District runs alongside NR, Bow curve-Upminster, Wimbledon-Wimbledon Park and runs over NR infrastructure Gunnersbury-Richmond. East Putney-Wimbledon is operated under NR procedures.
Metropolitan runs alongside NR Finchley Road-Harrow.
Ah yes, thank you

Mawkie

I was wondering how long the driver training time varied depending on which line you drive ?
They aim for 12 weeks on the Piccadilly for new trainees (and 8 for cross transfer I think).

Of course that depends on Instructor Operator availability, stock availability, and various other things. It's fair to say the 12 weeks is usually stretched.