• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Drivers Managers interview...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars1973

I have an interview soon with the drivers manager, can anyone advise me as to what possible question i might come up against?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxie

Just learn some bits about the company, read their site and note a few facts like what areas they cover, how many daily passengers, how many trains and services, core values if they have them. Just write a few points down in bullet point and drum it into your head, they want to know you've researched it. Also go over your application form, some of the stuff they ask is sometimes on there.

Cotty30

Mars1973 can i just ask when you applied for the position as i have been waiting fod London Midland to start recruiting again?

Mars1973

Applied back in April 2013, did my assessments in Birmingham in December of that year but job got put on the back burner due to unknown reasons. They contacted me this week to go for an interview. Very unexpected but ever so pleased.

Gemz91

My driver manager interview consisted largely of customer service related questions fired by a lady from HR who was also there.

Liddybird

Have you already been to the OPC? My DM interview was quite relaxed although I had prepared myself for quite a grilling. The link posted as 'this' is very helpful though the questions may be different. Company knowledge is key

Cotty30

Im pleased for you, spose it shows they wont be recruiting for a while if they are only just contacting you for an interview when your initial application was 2 years ago!

Llama

Established Member
On the contrary, they wouldn't be contacting an applicant re. a dormant application unless there was a job coming up...

Economist

I've been to a couple of DM interviews recently and had a rough time (failed two in fairly quick succession). Does anyone know if TOCs I applied for in the future would see my application history, if they saw I'd failed a few would they even consider me? As much as I prepare beforehand, interviews have never been my strong point so I might need to go through a few in order to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.