• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DRS 66 future

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinnyDave

Established Member
With the arrival of the new (in my opinion stunning) 68 loco and imminently its sister the 88 , what will DRS use their 66 fleet for going forward?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CosherB

Established Member
With the arrival of the new (in my opinion stunning) 68 loco and imminently its sister the 88 , what will DRS use their 66 fleet for going forward?
loads of stuff i would imagine! i see the 68's as replacements primarily of the 47's and some 57 workings. 88's will mean that there is no need to sub-lease 90's and 92's from DBS.

i've often wondered if they would want a fleet of 60's to replace the 57/0's and for heavy haulage work. in the unlikely event that DBS relinquish further numbers of their assets ....

SkinnyDave

Established Member
loads of stuff i would imagine! i see the 68's as replacements primarily of the 47's and some 57 workings. 88's will mean that there is no need to sub-lease 90's and 92's from DBS.

i've often wondered if they would want a fleet of 60's to replace the 57/0's and for heavy haulage work. in the unlikely event that DBS relinquish further numbers of their assets ....

I thought the 68s were doing intermodals I kn they have worked Aberdeen and Inverness intermodals

Status
Not open for further replies.