• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DRS Bits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
I don't buy into this "people who don't pass on gen are selfish" argument. Gen is a privilege, not a right.

Those who post lists and times from the system are very kind in doing so in the first place, never mind the personal requests they receive and putting up with the people who repost their info without crediting them or at least asking first.

Perhaps when you consider these factors you'll see why posters stick to posting closed groups.

Last edited:

class 313

Established Member
I don't buy into this "people who don't pass on gen are selfish" argument. Gen is a privilege, not a right.

I wouldn't expect you to, you never have.

But obviously not everyone believes gen is a privilege.

RJ

Established Member
I say let's start a revelution where we all tell eachother gen and no one rats anyone out :grin: and if you do well I wont tell you the consequences

Not on this forum - anyone who dares to post any gen here will get moaned at.

Mintona

Established Member
6M67 Bridgwater - Crewe runs any day, at any time, though the last 2 times I've seen it it has been about 1630ish through Ashchurch, so it'd get to you about an hour later emunit. Isn't regular though!
Even less regular is the 6M56 Berkley - Crewe, which has run only once this year, and it is about 3 hours earlier through Ashchurch, about 1330, so that'd get to Camp Hill around 1430 at a guess.
(Times depend if flasks run via Worcester)

Mintona

Established Member
What do you mean, back on topic? I was writing about DRS, and the thread title is "DRS Bits", If you meant "DRS Bits in the South East" you should have worded it better. ;)

Phoenix

Established Member
I wouldn't expect you to, you never have.

But obviously not everyone believes gen is a privilege.

I aggree (holds breath) I think it's stupid how you have to know someone or pay someone else when mainly most gen is someone reporting that it's has just past them anyway and I must add I think really there are alot of people out there who are selfish and dont bother trying to help other's so they keep the gen to themselves due to being slightly mad and thinking if they have enough gen they will rule the world (when really they either get more phot's or In the usual case more bragging rights).

Alright I understand if you pay for something why should the next guy get it for free but honestly why should we have to pay anyway it's just information on train movements.

the idea of seeing rare classes on the mainline is the fact you dont have to pay like a preserved railway but yet someone has to try making money AS ALWAYS.

P.S I post gen and no one moan's at me (sorry im feeling a tad rebelious)

class 313

Established Member
I aggree (holds breath) I think it's stupid how you have to know someone or pay someone else when mainly most gen is someone reporting that it's has just past them anyway and I must add I think really there are alot of people out there who are selfish and dont bother trying to help other's so they keep the gen to themselves due to being slightly mad and thinking if they have enough gen they will rule the world (when really they either get more phot's or In the usual case more bragging rights).

Alright I understand if you pay for something why should the next guy get it for free but honestly why should we have to pay anyway it's just information on train movements.

the idea of seeing rare classes on the mainline is the fact you dont have to pay like a preserved railway but yet someone has to try making money AS ALWAYS.

P.S I post gen and no one moan's at me (sorry im feeling a tad rebelious)

I 100% agree with you. But it has got so bad, the person at FM lives on the income of FM (apparently). So when will it stop?

Phoenix

Established Member
I 100% agree with you. But it has got so bad, the person at FM lives on the income of FM (apparently). So when will it stop?

Im not trying to be some pretend revelutionalist but really it can stop when we want it too I mean look at going loco thats got good gen and all for free I guess we just need more people contributing and to be fair althought I may not be of use to some but whenever I get some gen (from places that allow me to share with others) I will share it and anyone is welcome to do the same.

And really posting gen and making freight timetables isnt a proper vocation so oh well eh....(although for historic purposes that's all fine and dandy with me)

Respite

47501 was looking very very sweet at crewe last week. Just waiting for My transfer from ATW I'm guessing. 501 looked as if it had just rolled out of brush works, never seen such a clean & well fettled spoon. DRS dont mess about with refurbs, they get it right first time.

class 313

Established Member
47501 was looking very very sweet at crewe last week. Just waiting for My transfer from ATW I'm guessing. 501 looked as if it had just rolled out of brush works, never seen such a clean & well fettled spoon. DRS dont mess about with refurbs, they get it right first time.

Shame the same cant be said for 37667

Established Member
Sounds like 6M56 Berkeley - Crewe.

So can the all seeing all knowing (anti friehgtmaster) RJ give me some times for 6m56 please:grin:

6M56 is indeed the Berkley Flasks, no point in taking the times that are in trust for it as it rarely sticks to them and can get altered by the week, it also runs only very occasionally and you can not go out on one particualar day knowing it will run.

There is also 6M67 the Bridgewater Flasks which is routed the same way except goes via Stourbridge rather than the lickey and again on a had hoc basis, it did run two weeks running a few weeks back (pair of 20's both times I think) but was a lot earlier than it's booked 1830 through Rowley so i would recomend getting yourself on a few yahoo gen groups (not on any myself but they are supposed to be very good for the those who enjoy photting) and gen gets posted on there.

...shame the bits that matter inside don't match! 501 is the 'black sheep' of the fleet.

RJ

Established Member
I aggree (holds breath) I think it's stupid how you have to know someone or pay someone else when mainly most gen is someone reporting that it's has just past them anyway and I must add I think really there are alot of people out there who are selfish and dont bother trying to help other's so they keep the gen to themselves

Seeing as TOPS/TRUST info is not really for the public domain, you either have to know someone on the inside or pay someone as an incentive to provide the info. Or be on a group where people are happy to share that sort of info. There is no shortage of groups with people reporting sightings if that's what you're after?

As for the 6M56/6M67 times, nuke train schedules are a bit of a taboo area I'm afraid!

Respite

Don't DRS locos usually break two days after having a "refurb"?
Havent heard that one before, two of my mates drive for DRS & never mention this. They had probs with a few of the 66's & had to sub 37's to replace. Guess they must not know all the inside info...:grin:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
...shame the bits that matter inside don't match! 501 is the 'black sheep' of the fleet.

Black sheep....why? What doesnt match, is it not a sulzer? :(

thefab444

Established Member
Havent heard that one before, two of my mates drive for DRS & never mention this. They had probs with a few of the 66's & had to sub 37's to replace. Guess they must not know all the inside info...:grin:

Guess not, I don't know much about it either, but it's happened on more than one occasion that one of your "First Time Right Time" refurbs has died very soon. Didn't both 37667 and 37688 have problems?

But if they refurb a loco like a 57 which they'll use three times and then store, it hardly matters does it?

Julian G

Established Member
A change of helicopter today
they flew down on 6K73,6A73 and 6O62 down South

20307+20302 Dungeness [05/06/08]
Ta MC

16CSVT2700

Established Member
As for the 6M56/6M67 times, nuke train schedules are a bit of a taboo area I'm afraid!
I once saw all of them published publicly on a website quite recently. Greenpeace or something?

RJ

Established Member
I once saw all of them published publicly on a website quite recently. Greenpeace or something?

That was their own interpretation of the times, some of them had wrong routes.

Removed the SERCO TRC cycles - its evident that the times for each cycle vary quite significantly from the previous lot.

Last edited:

Established Member
2 (or at least one plus something else) x 20 just whistled past Leighton on 6Awhatever tonight so off somewhere tomorrow morning before "see what time it decides to run" fun with 6Kxx back north tomorrow evening.

Julian G

Established Member
2 (or at least one plus something else) x 20 just whistled past Leighton on 6Awhatever tonight so off somewhere tomorrow morning before "see what time it decides to run" fun with 6Kxx back north tomorrow evening.

6+12
6A73 inbound
6K51 return

RJ

Established Member
Next 1Q14 to run will be the hellfire Shepperton one, followed by the Dover then the Hoo Junction and North Kent :). Although they've cut off part of the end of the Shepperton, it's not doing the West London Line twice or Waterloo+Linford Street <(. I suppose the flyover doesn't see much use now and its doing South Acton early on.

038 + one of 069/259/605/606/611 would be nice :)

Last edited:

Julian G

Established Member
Next 1Q14 to run will be the hellfire Shepperton one, followed by the Dover then the Hoo Junction and North Kent :). Although they've cut off part of the end of the Shepperton, it's not doing the West London Line twice or Waterloo+Linford Street <(. I suppose the flyover doesn't see much use now and its doing South Acton early on.

038 + one of 069/259/605/606/611 would be nice :)

Ah right, cheers for the info

You are lucky that you didn't go to Olympia, the Choppers got shoved onto the Platform (because of 60029) with no Thrash

Status
Not open for further replies.