• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DSI Online Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolololoxxl

Hello. I am new here. I applied for Customer Service Assistant Northern Rail, Manchester Area.
They asked me to complete DSI test. I logged on to my profile and there is no test to fill...
It must be submited by 12am sunday. No technical help till monday:(
Has anyone this problem before? What to do?
Is it possible that they decided to pass me without DSI?
The only thing on my profile says: Online Testing Complete.
What is this mean?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Suggests you have already done it, if that status is up.

Send an email to tech support.

somali

Hello. I am new here. I applied for Customer Service Assistant Northern Rail, Manchester Area.
They asked me to complete DSI test. I logged on to my profile and there is no test to fill...
What is this mean?

I had the same problem.I have emailed recruitment and the technical support.It could be a technical error on their part.

AndyB19

Same problem here! Thank the lord I thought it was just me. Did a google search and couldn't find anything like it before, then I thought I'd do a 'recent' search and found this forum.

Insp.Gadget

Hi all,

I have the same issue, it states: 'Online Testing Complete' and there is no link to the assessment.
I previously completed the DSI test for the same vacancy a few months ago (that vacancy was closed and they have re-advertised it).

AndyB19, somali and kolololoxxl...... Did you previously complete the DSI for the original Customer Service Vacancy in January this year?

(Thanks to '185' for your help too).

Cheers.

AndyB19

Hi insp gadget. No never completed a DSI test with Northern. This is the furthest I've got with any applications with them lol. :)

dazjam

What is this mean?

I have the same problem contacted technical support but it closed until monday so that is after the closing date i have checked all the help offered on the tech support but nothing helped,i also e-mailed Nothern rail recruitment explaining the issue

kolololoxxl

1st time I applied for Northern. I can see it is not only me with issue... So we will wait and see on monday. We probably get another chance.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hi just got email saying do dsi test till 23rd july. If anyone completed let know how this test look like and what kind of questions are there...

AndyB19

Hi kolololoxxl,

Just done the DSI test. It's more of a personal test so only you can answer the questions because they are about you. All I can say is some are fairly obvious, others are not. Don't think about them too much, just answer honestly. To be honest I'm glad just to get a little further than I have before so we'll see what happens.

Good luck.

AndyB19

I passed the DSI test but have been unsuccessful at the sifting stage...bah. :) The good news is next time I apply I won't need to complete it.

kolololoxxl

I felt my DSI. They said due to benchmark so I think I was too slow. The true is it took me around 3 minutes. I think they want me to read and answer quick, but it make no sense when it is test about you. It is easy to mark anything and go to next... It is shame that company like this are based on questionares and even if answers are perfect they can't offer you job coz you took time. I am giving up with Northern. No matter how good you are. You must be quick and put whatever. This is why often you will met unprofessional and rude person working for them.
Last week I was rushing for train. I asked platform member which train to take to Irlam from Manchester Oxford Rd and blond lady from Northern was angry that I am interfering while she played mobile. She directed me to one of platforms with dodgy look. Soon as I got on board I heard in speakers: "Next Station ... Liverpool". Luckly I got off and found right one myself.
This is how recruitment process in Northern works... Taking anyone as long as you meet benchmark...<D

Last edited:

somali

I felt my DSI. They said due to benchmark so I think I was too slow. The true is it took me around 3 minutes. I think they want me to read and answer quick, but it make no sense when it is test about you. It is easy to mark anything and go to next... It is shame that company like this are based on questionares and even if answers are perfect they can't offer you job coz you took time. I am giving up with Northern. No matter how good you are. You must be quick and put whatever. This is why often you will met unprofessional and rude person working for them.
Last week I was rushing for train. I asked platform member which train to take to Irlam from Manchester Oxford Rd and blond lady from Northern was angry that I am interfering while she played mobile. She directed me to one of platforms with dodgy look. Soon as I got on board I heard in speakers: "Next Station ... Liverpool". Luckly I got off and found right one myself.
This is how recruitment process in Northern works... Taking anyone as long as you meet benchmark...<D
Dont feel bad keep on trying !!!.I think you have to pass a certain number of questions before you pass the DSI as it isnt a timed questionaire unlike the logical reasoning test.

hughavinalaf

The above just comes across as the ramblings of a bitter man......

The tests are designed to recruit the best possible candidates,unfortunately that wasn't you.
If you want to prove Northern wrong I suggest you improve your English,along with your attitude,and you try again,otherwise,the evidence suggests......that the company has made a good decision.

AndyB19

I'd have to agree about some rail staff can be rude. I often wonder how they got the job in the first place. That said however, they are in a minority and in all honesty I've come across some great station and train staff on my travels. Don't give up mate, remember there are hundreds of people go for rail jobs so it may just be they reached their quota of suitable people fairly quickly. Just keep trying and one day it will happen.

kolololoxxl

The above just comes across as the ramblings of a bitter man......

The tests are designed to recruit the best possible candidates,unfortunately that wasn't you.
If you want to prove Northern wrong I suggest you improve your English,along with your attitude,and you try again,otherwise,the evidence suggests......that the company has made a good decision.

How stupid is that... Saying improve your English and attitude... I speak in 4 languages and it is impossible to be perfect with all of them. There is many staff on trains which you would not understand at all and their employer has no problem about it. There are certain people like you who always have something to say about personality... Look at yourself first. Yes I am not happy about result and I have right to be not happy. I feel that 18 questions cant say how good or bad you are. Youdont know me and you have no right to talk about my attitude. Your opinion is based on 1 post.

Dan567

At the end of the day,it doesn't matter what you have seen on a train about staff currently employed in the rail industry etc they ain't looking at them, their looking at YOU.

You obviously haven't got what their looking for, how you could stand and look at a member of staff at a train station and decide you'd be better at their job than them i do not know.

YOU judged that employee based on 1 incident.

oh and by the way, i applied to join Northern Rail as a Trainee conductor last year, they rejected me at the first hurdle, i thought fair enough i have no experience of working with the public and i am obviously not what their looking for,i certainly wouldn't bad mouth or call a company for their decision.

Last edited:

hughavinalaf

How stupid is that... Saying improve your English and attitude... I speak in 4 languages and it is impossible to be perfect with all of them. There is many staff on trains which you would not understand at all and their employer has no problem about it. There are certain people like you who always have something to say about personality... Look at yourself first. Yes I am not happy about result and I have right to be not happy. I feel that 18 questions cant say how good or bad you are. Youdont know me and you have no right to talk about my attitude. Your opinion is based on 1 post.

You're right,my opinion is based on one post,from such,in my opinion,you come across as unsuitable.
Perhaps your application made a similar impression on the Northern recruitment team?

Status
Not open for further replies.