• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DTG Merger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Iskra

Established Member
Can't say I care who owns the keys to TSW, but it does seem to secure the sim for the more long term and the free French add ons week is a nice touch.

Hopefully the takeover has the by-product of improving (creating) accountability and therefore improving product quality at DTG as it's not unusual for their add ons to be a bit half-baked at release.

Darandio

Established Member
In the short term it will be very much as it is now. Medium to long term if I were a betting man i'd wager that the recently announced improvements and upgrades to TS Classic will be canned.

The thread title says merger but it's very much a takeover. The future direction will likely be decided in Paris.

365 Networker

Medium to long term if I were a betting man i'd wager that the recently announced improvements and upgrades to TS Classic will be canned.
I hope that's not what happens, although I can see TS Classic being sold off at some point. It will be interesting to see what all of this means for the third-party developers working on routes for TSW.

365 Networker

Is that a feature others would want?
Not really - I don’t personally enjoy playing an hour long scenario, only to have it ruined by some fool running through a red signal or causing an ai collision. However, if you could have a private multiplayer session - for example driver and guard, that would be something I would use.

Tevion539

Not really - I don’t personally enjoy playing an hour long scenario, only to have it ruined by some fool running through a red signal or causing an ai collision. However, if you could have a private multiplayer session - for example driver and guard, that would be something I would use.
That's more what I meant, driver, guard, singnaller etc... Would be cool to have, but doubtful it would ever come.

I'm sure DTG said MP in some form was in the works for TSW and TSW 2 then it went quiet.

JohnMcL7

That's more what I meant, driver, guard, singnaller etc... Would be cool to have, but doubtful it would ever come.

I'm sure DTG said MP in some form was in the works for TSW and TSW 2 then it went quiet.
Multiplayer support was one of the reasons given why they had to release TSW2 instead of update TSW but as you say it's gone quiet since then.

I wasn't bothered at all by multiplayer support however having seen it running in SimRail it does look quite good and I think something I'd like to see in TSW3.

Last edited:

Tevion539

Sorry there was an error in my post as I omitted SimRail, I meant to say having seen multiplayer in SimRail I thought it looked good.
Ahh yes, I was gonna say I don't ever recall TS ever having MP. I'm sure railworks used to have a mod going years back. Don't know if it was a thing or even still is. Shame DTG never keeps their promises.

Status
Not open for further replies.