• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Duchess of Sutherland light test

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the Duchess had her light test run today after it being cancelled on Tuesday, but it has not returned to Butterley as planned, I am guessing she is at Derby, but can anyone confirm what happened on todays light test run, where she ended up and when she will head back to Butterley?

I went to film her on Tuesday and got a pair of EMT 158s and a Freightliner 66, I went today to get the re run and she passed 20 minutes early, and from our house you can see the Erewash line, and she did not return as planned, so can anyone shed any light on the situtaion?

I will get my video, lol

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pappleby

hi, i saw her at Langley Mill at 10.45,then went up to Chesterfield to see her thro' there,then about 12.45 a bloke told us she'd failed at Ambergate with a hot box.

I would assume she will be diesel hauled back to Butterley at some point then? I can't imagine them firing her up for a short run back. But where will the diesel come from? One from Derby or maybe a DRS loco down from Barrow Hill? Either way I'll be very interested to see what happens.

tnxrail

say that on UK steam Ran Butterley-Derby-Butterley only, hopefully its okay to run two in few weeks as unable to see it yesturday.

say that on UK steam Ran Butterley-Derby-Butterley only, hopefully its okay to run two in few weeks as unable to see it yesturday.

As mentioned above it did Butterley, south through Toton, round to Derby and failed at Ambergate.

The original plan would have had her doing a figure of 8 around Barrow Hill and into Sheffield from the north, then back through Derby, Toton and returning to Butterley

But it does appear she ran back from Derby mid-afternoon under her own steam, so she is back at Butterley, Yet again I have been beaten by the beast.

Last edited:

Mr Spock

The Duchess actually failed at Derby not Ambergate, I was there at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.