• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Duel Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class-jnr

Hi All,

Is it seen as a bad thing to have two applications in at once for a TOC, I have applied for a drivers role (trainee) but as a back up been thinking about the conductor role. Would the TOC raise an eyebrow on receiving both? I know at application process it does ask the question.

Cheers in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

70014IronDuke

Established Member
You will be sent a request to meet at dawn at a heath somewhere nearby, I imagine. With your choice of seconds.
:)

GJL9916

It’s definitely not a bad thing to have multiple applications in as long as you match the skill set for the roles you apply for and it’s not just a case of applying for literally anything & everything to get a foot in the door

It’s extremely tough to get on as a trainee driver, some manage it straight away but you’ll find from this forum alone most try for years and are still trying due to how many applicants there are, I wouldn’t think of a conductor role as just a back up either as that can be just as difficult to get in, but if you manage to get on either then you’ll have done really well and be in a great job!

Just don’t expect either to be straight forward to get and be prepared to apply for multiple positions at multiple TOCs or FOCs and don’t get disheartened if it’s not good news on your first applications.

Keep reading through this forum and checking the company websites for positions and sure you will be successful with one of them!

Good luck

ZFS88

I cant see why it would be a problem. You are best to cover all avenues and if anything it should make you look keen to join the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.