• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Earlestown Fire (20/05)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gathursty

Established Member
Ince Moss curve is not redundant. It is used by the Tuebrook to Ashton In Makerfield (Edge Green) stone trains.
Is that only a recent development? I remember someone putting a thread up about that stub in Golborne a year or so ago mentioning trains were back using that branch.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

adsteamfan

You can see some of the damage to the OHLE in this photo taken from Facebook - creFire damage.JPGdit Neil Brabbs whose industrial unit was also burnt out in the fire

8J

The line through the affected area has been handed back and is open for traffic as of 22:00 (ish) this evening (21/05). Should see a normal service tomorrow.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Ince Moss curve is not redundant. It is used by the Tuebrook to Ashton In Makerfield (Edge Green) stone trains.

And, I think, the sand trains to Pilkingtons at St Helens (Ravenhead).

The OHLE damage looks to be worse above the southernmost track, which is the loop and forms the route towards Warrington via P5.
At the moment I don't think there are any electrically-worked passenger trains that way, so maybe it can wait a while for repair.
Apart from Warrington locals it would affect any Euston-Liverpool Pendolino diversions if they were needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.