• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast - Delay Repay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butts

Veteran Member
On the 1621 out of Darlington today which arrived over an hour late and maintained the margin as far as Edinburgh where I got off (service continued to Aberdeen)

Although the guard apologised for the delay no mention was made of "Delay Repay" which just about everyone on the train must have been eligible for.

In these circumstances should he have informed passengers of their ability to submit a claim ?

Has anyone heard an East Coast Guard do this on a service they have been on that was sufficiently delayed to warrant claims.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IanD

Established Member
Was on an East Coast train from Edinburgh to [stn]KGX[/stn] which left Edinburgh 50 mins late and arrived 45 late at [stn]KGX[/stn] at about 2330. Not only did the guard continually announce delay repay info we were met at [stn]KGX[/stn] by EC staff handing out the forms.

Also, the guard spent a lot of time sorting out arrangements for people getting off at York and heading in the direction of Manchester - there were loads of these as the WCML had been closed for engineering since lunchtime.

Jeremy B

Mrs B & myself have only claimed once this year on a delayed East Coast train. The guard announced he was coming through to stamp tickets for delay repay & he was accompanied by the trolley guy who was handing out the forms. I have to say though I was surprised to see people coming to him to get their tickets stamped rather than the other way round.

Status
Not open for further replies.