• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast - Gleneagles to Edinburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfc3024

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am fairly new to this board, so apologies if this has been addressed before.

I commute by East Coast from Motherwell to Edinburgh and so I am aware of the routing changes from May 2011 and the potential pick-ups by XC. I believe that XC will be picking some of these up.

However, a colleague who commutes from Gleneagles to Edinburgh by East Coast has heard that that her existing services are also to terminate in May 2011.

Does anyone know what the plans are for East Coast services between Gleneagles and Edinburgh from May 2011, and if they are to stop, then is it known if any other TOC will pick these services up? After all, like Motherwell to Edinburgh, at peak times these services are very busy.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mfc3024

Thanks.

I did a bit of checking online and the Inverness Courier reports (as at 26/10/10) that Transport Minister Stewart Stevenson and UK Rail Minister Theresa Villiers will meet to next week to discuss the future of the service.

My colleague says the train is very busy so hopefully it will continue as you say MCR247.

Status
Not open for further replies.