• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast Website - Broken/No longer able to pick seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furrball

I noticed this when actually trying to book Virgin tickets.

Firstly, the site just does not work in Chrome correctly - if you click on Reserve a Seat, nothing happens

picture.php

In IE, for East Coast services you get this:

picture.php

But for non East Coast services you get:

picture.php

Facing the window - really!?!?

It really does appear that no testing is carried out by the website team before changes to the site go live.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Furrball

The point is that:

a) A major selling point of EastCoast was the ability to select the seat
b) The site does not work correctly for non East Coast journeys
c) The site does not work correctly in Chrome

These are pretty major changes/failings.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The option to select your seat exact seat is later in the booking process. Also the site is working fine for me in Chrome.

dave87016

Established Member
for non East Coast journeys you cant choose the exact seat , however you can choose aisle/window/table seats ( subject to seat preference still available on the chosen service)

Furrball

That had disappeared too. Interestingly the site has now reverted back to how it should be....
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
for non East Coast journeys you cant choose the exact seat , however you can choose aisle/window/table seats ( subject to seat preference still available on the chosen service)

Yes, but the drop downs were out - it was showing Facing = Window/Aisle
And now broken again - but the select your seat map has reappeared.
The option to select your seat exact seat is later in the booking process. Also the site is working fine for me in Chrome.

It almost looks as there are two versions of the code live and depending on what server you hit depends on what you see. I have tried from another PC and can recreate the same errors.

Are you seeing the radio buttons or drop downs for the initial seat selection?

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
When I tried it a few minutes ago it was buttons rather than drop downs.

daniel78

I was doing a practice booking earlier for some tickets I plan to buy tomorrow. Using Chrome I was experiencing some of the problems the OP referred to. It wouldn't let me specify me seat preferences (the select your seat part was there later but the journey I want to book is East Coast and Transpennine and I couldn't ask for a window seat for the latter leg). I tried several times tonight with varying success, so hopefully this is just some glitching that will be sorted soon.

Another problem I had was in the choose your seat part where I was sometimes told "sorry the train is too full to choose seats" despite being able to look through the carriages and seeing very few seats reserved.

island

Veteran Member
I was doing a practice booking earlier for some tickets I plan to buy tomorrow. Using Chrome I was experiencing some of the problems the OP referred to. It wouldn't let me specify me seat preferences (the select your seat part was there later but the journey I want to book is East Coast and Transpennine and I couldn't ask for a window seat for the latter leg). I tried several times tonight with varying success, so hopefully this is just some glitching that will be sorted soon.

Another problem I had was in the choose your seat part where I was sometimes told "sorry the train is too full to choose seats" despite being able to look through the carriages and seeing very few seats reserved.

Looks like you might have to book at a station.

Status
Not open for further replies.