• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Croydon to Eastbourne, returning via Brighton with BoJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirodo

The plan is to leave East Croydon (ECR) on a Friday morning after the morning peak (10:30?), direct to Eastbourne (EBN).

Then on Sunday, going from Eastbourne to Brighton, breaking the journey for several hours, and returning Brighton to East Croydon.

Is this possible on an ECR-EBN off peak return? And if not, what are my best options?

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Perfectly valid - going via Brighton has always been allowed coming from Eastbourne - London i believe.

AlbertBeale

Established Member
Since Eastbourne to London is via Lewes, and Lewes-London has always (in my experience) been allowed via Brighton, then surely no problem. And I've many times, over the years, used a ticket to/from London, and an intermediate station between Brighton and Lewes, and gone via Brighton or Lewes at will.

paul1609

Established Member
Nobody will be bothered. All London to coast way fares are heavily clustered. Eastbourne is pence more than Brighton, Rye is pence more than Eastbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.