• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Grinstead line 12 coach trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammerwood

Dear All,

The East Grinstead line is being upgraded so that 12 coach trains can run on it from December, at least that is what Southern are publicising at the moment.

Can I ask - is the stock already available to do this, as Selhurst always looks very empty when I go by on the 0719 ex East Grinstead?

cheers!

Darren

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Dear All,

The East Grinstead line is being upgraded so that 12 coach trains can run on it from December, at least that is what Southern are publicising at the moment.

Can I ask - is the stock already available to do this, as Selhurst always looks very empty when I go by on the 0719 ex East Grinstead?

'12 car trains can run' might only be one or two particular trains in the morning peak of course...

I have heard that from December 377s are going to be used diffferently, they will no longer be allocated specifically to Brighton or Selhurst, and I also found a track access application for Coastway 313s being extended to Southampton. Also, could more 442s be used on express services, IIRC some are 377s at the moment?

On the minus side 3 x 377/2s are going to be loaned to FCC every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.