• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midland - St Pancras to Leic/Derby/Sheff ticket refused, historical query

Status
Not open for further replies.

stustaff

Hi Im new :)
I hope I posted this in the right place.

I've been doing Derby to London(St Panc) semi regularly for about 10 years and I just recently had an issue that was resolved but its kind of nagging me.

I had a first class off peak open return and travelled Derby to London. I tried to come back on a Friday at around 5pm and was told my ticket wasn't valid.

I am 99% sure that at some point you could on a Friday specifically travel out of St Panc with a first class off peak ticket at ANY time after 9am.

Did I imagine that? can anyone remember it and when this was removed?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jfollows

Established Member
A First Class Off Peak return "EMR only" priced at £154.50 has restriction code 7E, and isn't valid at 17:00 as below. Is this your ticket? http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=DBY&dest=STP&expert=on&flow=1&multi=1&fare=3&rte=25&tkt=FSR gives more details.

Return Travel
Not valid on trains timed to depart:

• London Euston after 04:29 and before 09:26 or after 15:00 and before 18:45;
  • London St Pancras International after 04:29 and before 08:46 or after 16:35 and before 18:46
  • Bedford after 04:29 and before 09:01;
  • Luton or Luton Airport Parkway after 04:29 and before 09:01 or after 16:29 and before 18:59;
  • London Kings Cross Mondays to Thursdays after 06:44 and before 07:59 or after 15:57 and before 17:46 - or Fridays after 06:44 and before 07:59.
That's not the answer to the question you asked, I know, and I don't have an answer for you to it!

stustaff

Thanks jfellows thats the ticket. I am certain I used to travel on that service fine on a friday between 16:35 and before 18:46 out of St Pancras.
The guy I spoke to did seem to vaguely remember something and said they would come back to me on train but never did.

No timetables show this currently but I'm so sure.. annoying.

lightbulb

This is correct. However, there's an easy way around this: the outward portion of an FSR ticket is valid during the evening peak on Friday (but not Monday to Thursday), so next time you travel, buy your ticket to start at St Pancras on a Friday and return within a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.