• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands First Class Lounges

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyesbkz

East Midlands Trains Standard Class ticket can buy access tickets allowing use of the Lounges on a daily, weekly, monthly or annual basis.

£5 a day, £15 for a week, £50 for a month or a year's lounge access for £480?

I feel that I may be missing something, but I quote that from is "Exclusive Lounges" under the First Class section of the EMT website (the fact it's badly worded is besides the point). I don't understand what the point in having 1st lounges is if they're being opened up to all travellers, and certainly I don't see how they're "Exclusive" lounges anymore.

I've never heard of a TOC selling season tickets for their 1st lounges, this seems to be a new low for EMT!

(perhaps this is old news and has just reached me?)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

38Cto15E

This will need confirming ,but I understand that First Advance ticket holders can now use the First Class lounges without paying the £5, with the exception of St pancras.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
There is a new one at East Mids Parkway, it called an 'Executive Lounge', and is 1st only until 1000 M-F, and anyone with a valid ticket for the rest of the time!

This will need confirming ,but I understand that First Advance ticket holders can now use the First Class lounges without paying the £5, with the exception of St pancras.

I believe it is only limited for First Advance ticket holders on weekday evening peak service times, and free at all other times.

rmt-driver

In GNER days AP First ticket holders used to be able to use all lounges..

On Virgin trains this rule still exists..

On EC now first AP ticket holders can pay £5 (I think) to use the lounge.

bengolding

In GNER days AP First ticket holders used to be able to use all lounges..

On Virgin trains this rule still exists..

On EC now first AP ticket holders can pay £5 (I think) to use the lounge.

Probably explains why the Kings Cross Lounge was empty when I used it last week, in the am peak. I can confirm that EMT now allow First Advance ticket holders entry to all thier Lounges with the exception of St Pancras between 4-7, when a £5 supplement is payable. The Lounges in the Midlands are only open til lunchtime - despite the EMT spin of there being no business travellers to justify opening them in the pm, the real reason is due to the recent staff cutbacks meaning only one person needs to man them in the am.

lyesbkz

First Advance tickets can use the lounges now, including the St Pancras one (except the £5 is still payable between 1600-1900).

All First Class ticket holders, including First Advance, can exclusively use our First Class Lounges. An exception is London St Pancras International where during the hours of 1600-1900 there will be a charge of £5.

strange6

Established Member
16 quid for a 'full works' breakfast when a breakfast at Sainsbury's gives you double the amount for 4 quid. 2 quid for 2 slices of toast! lol My god, we really do live in rip-off Britain!

38Cto15E

I have to say that the £5 charge to enter the First class lounge for Advance ticket holders was never going to work, it's not like Heathrow where you wait 2-3hours for your flight.
Probably the most time that passengers will be in the lounge is 30 minutes,rather than pay a Fiver it would be better just to go into Pumpkin cafe with your Bite card and have a Bacon roll and Tea/Coffee.
With many stations, especially the London termini, now having many food outlets, it may be better to forget on board catering except for the long distance trains, after all London -Derby is only 90 mins.

I believe that Eurostar are now changing their food service so that only Premium paying First class passengers get the full works, the cheaper First class tickets do not get the hot food and champagne etc

As for EMT, if I was paying £200+ from SHF-STP, then I would expect more than a Lolly stick to stir my coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.