• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Railway 1st Class seat reservations

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon01

Trying to book Corby - St Pancras First Class for 7 September on the EMR webpage

Seat preferences entered where it says Seating Reservations are mandatory for your chosen ticket

Press Continue and it then says, Reserved - no seat allocated - The passenger is free to sit in any unreserved seat for the class of travel specified on the ticket

No seat map or automatic allocation?

Is the system down or something, or can I just turn up and find an unreserved seat which does not make sense with the current situation?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jon01

Thanks for the quick response, we'll get there early!

Also, with my First Class ticket, does anyone know if I can use the First Class lounge on arrival at London St Pancras please?

I won't be departing from this station on the day

Last edited:

SirAlf

When I passed through St Pancras a week ago the first class lounge was closed. Can't remember exactly what the sign said but I think "indefinitely" might have been mentioed

route101

Established Member
Im booked next week on EMR and got that with the seat reservation. I assume that means there no seats with reservation slips?

Haywain

Veteran Member
EMR are not currently doing seat reservations but use the counted place method for selling tickets which are quota controlled and only valid on specified trains.

Metal_gee_man

Thanks for the quick response, we'll get there early!

Also, with my First Class ticket, does anyone know if I can use the First Class lounge on arrival at London St Pancras please?

I won't be departing from this station on the day
If its closed its not much if any of a loss, the coffee and the biscuits are exactly what they serve on board, a single toilet which isn't amazing and a few bucket seats crammed into quite a small space for a London Termini

WesternLancer

Established Member
Trying to book Corby - St Pancras First Class for 7 September on the EMR webpage

Seat preferences entered where it says Seating Reservations are mandatory for your chosen ticket

Press Continue and it then says, Reserved - no seat allocated - The passenger is free to sit in any unreserved seat for the class of travel specified on the ticket

No seat map or automatic allocation?

Is the system down or something, or can I just turn up and find an unreserved seat which does not make sense with the current situation?
I doubt there will be any loading enforcement with EMR. No reservation slips on seats etc - you choose a sensible place to sit vis a vis other passengers, and hope they do the same. They request people sit against window not aisle if poss so those walking through the train (eg staff) are more distant from you.

They have a limited 1st class food offer now (pre bagged items I think) explained on their website somewhere if you want to check.

DDB

I went 1st class from St P on Tuesday about 7:30 pm. Lounge was closed and looked like it hadn't been open for a while. Didn't get any food/drink in first class. It may vary train by train.

Status
Not open for further replies.