• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Railway Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicki86

Hi,

Can anyone advise me how soon after their face to face interview they heard back if they were successful or not?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Vicki86

From my own experience, some TOCs may take a few days others may take weeks unfortunately to let you know if you've been successful or not.

CJ

Kevlar

It took 5 days after the DMI to be told I passed and a few weeks before I was given a date for MMI and computer tests.

Ptrains

A week for me - had the interview Friday afternoon, got the email the following Friday...

Good luck though.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
I think out of courtesy, anyone who goes for an interview whether it's with a TOC or not, should be told the outcome in a few days. But sadly this doesn't always happen.

I went for an interview in November last year for a role with a company (not in the rail industry). They didn't contact me at all!!! I accepted my present job so I wasn't too bothered about the other job. I did however contact their HR just before Christmas and advise them I had accepted employment elsewhere as they had never contacted me about the outcome of the job interview.

The girl in HR didn't even know what I was talking about when I rang!!! Needless to say I left it at that.

CJ

Amanda

When I had my DMIs, both of them, they took place over a couple of weeks with mine towards the end on both occasions. I found out within a couple of days each time but people whose interview was at the beginning of all the interviews found out the same time as I did because they didn't inform anyone until all interviews had been concluded.

You don't say which role it's for though.

Weebs

Hi,

Can anyone advise me how soon after their face to face interview they heard back if they were successful or not?

I had my interview last Thursday with West Midlands and found out my result yesterday, let me know how you get on yeah.

Emmsie

I think out of courtesy, anyone who goes for an interview whether it's with a TOC or not, should be told the outcome in a few days. But sadly this doesn't always happen.

I went for an interview in November last year for a role with a company (not in the rail industry). They didn't contact me at all!!! I accepted my present job so I wasn't too bothered about the other job. I did however contact their HR just before Christmas and advise them I had accepted employment elsewhere as they had never contacted me about the outcome of the job interview.

The girl in HR didn't even know what I was talking about when I rang!!! Needless to say I left it at that.

CJ
Its one thng not to be contacted for an interview after sending a CV but to actually have an interview and then have the compnay not show people the courtesy of atleast telling them the result is the height of rudeness. I'd say 2 weeks is a reasonable time for any business to complete the interviewing of al candidates and make a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.