• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Mids 3 in 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCub

I've just tried to buy an East Mids 3 in 7 Rover ticket from my local station. It's not valid from there but I will buy an additional ticket as required. The lovely man in the ticket office simply couldn't sell it to me. He tried codes, terms, and names in every combination. When he finally found the ticket there were 'no fares to show', and he was unable to sell me the ticket. He was as frustrated as me about it.

Any ideas about what advice I might offer when I try again tomorrow, please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Without knowing what Ticket Issuing System the station in question is using it's hard to give precise details, but if the member of staff digs around the menus they should have an option like "Rovers and Rangers" and that's where it'll be found.

From the original description, it sounds like they may have been trying to issue it from the normal "walk up" fares screen.

MrCub

From a Thameslink station.... You know I think it was the general walk up fares screen. I could see the screen all the time.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Certainly quite a few places to potentially visit and sections of line to travel over.

Skegness in February, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.