• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Easter Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishtonlad

Is there any reason why the first through trains from Preston to Euston on Easter Monday appear to be the 09:17 via Birmingham and the 10:58 direct. Is it something to do the works around warrington at the weekend and with it being a bank holiday

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

STANDISH

Could be I am told that the Pendolino/voyagers are being diverted across Chat Moss over that weekend.

STANDISH

Yes confirmed. I am travelling south to Birmingham on Friday and returning on the Monday and no diversions. The main reason for my e-mail was to alert the forum members of the first planned diversions over this route using electric traction. Good news that passengers do not have to use buses any longer, when the route is closed north of Crewe. This diversion should also be available for Liverpool/Euston trains later this year.

STANDISH

I think not. These trains stopping at Wigan, would have to use Platform 1,which only takes 8/9 coaches. Much easier and quicker to go down the main line and then across Chat Moss.

Status
Not open for further replies.