• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EC onboard map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
...so in the end it seems to have formed the 0505 off Leeds to Kings Cross.

And I think I can stop the live commentary now. :p

dbrb2

Wrt the questions about tracking the train via the departure boards across its entire journey, I've had an email from ATOC confirming that whilst it can be done through the LDBWS staff version, using the headcode, it can not be done via the public API - sorry :)

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Now seems to be forming 1A25 having just left Wakefield on time southbound. Looks like this is a fast diagram as it calls at [stn]DON[/stn] and [stn]PBO[/stn] only from here before arriving at The Cross at 13:02.

Edit: This is brilliant it's been running about 5/6 minutes late since Doncaster yet manages to arrive at Kings Cross a full 3 minutes early at 12:59!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Now forming 1A41 to the Cross (due 19:02) right now (having been back to Leeds) got signal checked outside of Fitzwilliam and is down about 5, not to worry though seeing as with padding it should arrive about 5 minuets early at The Cross! :roll:

Last edited:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Will this work for Virgin or any other operator?

I think the OP mentioned somewhere that it should work for any TOC that uses the same WiFi provider as EC, as far as I know VT don't so I don't think it will. But you never know!

This is a fascinating little toy!

It is isn't it? It's also handy for showing just how much padding there is in the timetable seeing as I think every service the set has run today has been late for most of it's journey before arriving on time or early at it's destination!

Bedpan

Established Member
Wouldn't it be marvellous if they could track specials like this, so we could see if they are early/late/on time before we go out to photo them.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Slowing right down, through Potters Bar, nearing M25 currently :smile:

Stopped at Potters Bar.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Stopped in Potters Bar I assume at a signal rather than for passengers to get on/off.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Hmm very interesting and the speed is now recording as North Bound...

Me thinks our plucky train has been terminated at Potters Bar and will shortley be departing north to who knows where...

Edit: Then again maybe not as it's recording South Bound again :|

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
It probably wouldn't have originally been diagrammed as the 1903 off KGX as that would have given it a 30 second turn around :D. It'll be interesting to see what happens now.

On the screen I'm looking at, 1A41 (the 1645 off Leeds, which makes sense as it was at Wakefield at 5ish) it got to Potters Bar 98 down and isn't likely to go any further.

I think the S/bnd and N/bnd fluctuations we see when it is stopped are due to GPS little inaccuracies rather than anything to do with the service. :D

Daimler

Established Member
Now it would appear to be well on the move Southbound - do we know which service it's supposed to be operating into Kings Cross? :)

EDIT: Just seen ainsworth's post below...

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
On the screen I'm looking at, 1A41 (the 1645 off Leeds, which makes sense as it was at Wakefield at 5ish) it got to Potters Bar 98 down and isn't likely to go any further.

Yeah it was definitely 1A41 and it looks like it might be heading south again (128 mins down) shortly.

I think the S/bnd and N/bnd fluctuations we see when it is stopped are due to GPS little inaccuracies rather than anything to do with the service.

Yeah I realised that after I posted :lol:

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Now moving southbound, picking up speed :smile:

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
That lasted a long time :p

junglejames

Established Member
Waits for a resident pedant to point out that both HST and Mk4 sets are in Mallard configuration. Unless its the EMT in on hire of course.

I'm guessing Andy means its a 91/Mk4 though.

But only the 225s were called Mallards. 125s had the Mallard refurb, but they only actually gave the Mallard name to the 225 sets. That name soon died away though. Never really stuck.

junglejames

Established Member
Is it really still sitting there waiting to head into Kings Cross? Its not on the National Rail arrivals board anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.