• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eccles and Patricroft infrastructure works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Abstracted from the September 2011 issue of Modern Railways.

Network Rail has completed the first stage of work to electrify the railway between Manchester Victoria and Liverpool Lime Street, following a £3 million investment to rebuild three bridges between Eccles station and Patricroft station. Overhead power lines should be installed next year and work to electrify the railway between Manchester and Newton le Willows is expected to be completed in 2013.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ukrob

Established Member
They are a bit behind the times (with being a printed magazine), as this was first published (almost word for word, so probably just taken from a press release) elsewhere over four weeks ago.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
They are a bit behind the times (with being a printed magazine), as this was first published (almost word for word, so probably just taken from a press release) elsewhere over four weeks ago.

Of course, you will be right, but I had not seen a posting about the bridge works on the forum previously, so I made the posting for information purposes to those who might not have known about these works in that area.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
It’s certainly a positive sign of things to come. Let’s hope the electrification bug catches on! With economies of scale it’s a pity that the government hasn’t considered electrifying more lines in Lancashire / Cheshire. I know it would require the procurement of new EMU’s but it would provide a real boast to the region. On the flip side it all needs paying for and at the moment the nation is skint!

Poss Planner

I will check things but I believe the next series of disruptive possessions are from week 47 to 52 & 1 to 6 ie February to May 2012 (excepting Grand National weekend) when structures between Bootle Branch Jn & Earlestown East Jn and Huyton Jn & Ince Moss Jn are to be reconstructed or track lowered.

Viscount702

Is there a thread for the Liverpool- Manchester Electrification as I can't trace one.

Any way what currently is happening on this. Clearly the priority is to get all the work done between Manchester and Earlesfield to enable the wires to start going up next year I believe to be ready for services to Scotland in December 2013

Viscount702

Earlesfield ?. Are there proposals for another Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire Railway here, as the only Earlesfield that I can recall is in the area covered by North Kesteven District Council. :roll:

Senior moment I'm afraid. I meant Earlestown or I suppose Newton-Le-Willows will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.