• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ecclesbourne Valley Railway Home Fleet Gala 13/14 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRank DAt

Dear All:

As reported elsewhere, 33035 is heading to the EVR after completion of repairs at Washwood Heath. The locomotive is expected to be operating during this event.

Visitors will be able to arrive by rail at Duffield via EMT’s Derby - Matlock services and board EVR trains at Duffield.

The event will be the first opportunity this year for guest’s to travel on the newly opened railway in its entirety operating loco-hauled trains with diesel traction.

More information can be found at http://www.e-v-r.com/eventinfo/

Or by calling Wirksworth Station via the Contacts page.

The site is updated regularly and the line up is still to be finalised…;)
the timetables are still being compiled, but will be appear online soon.

All-Day tickets are only £10 for Adults, £5 for Children and a Family (2+3) is just £25. Concessions are also available at £9.

For those who want to take advantage of their day out with the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway - Other attractions are within easy walking distance of the railway for visitors to explore; such as the High Peak Trail, the National Stone Centre and the Steeple Grange light railway to name a few!
To complement all of this, the delightful town of Wirksworth offers a variety of cosy pubs, a bistro, cafes and plenty of traditional shops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drQzk9zpejI

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

caliwag

Look forward to that. Delightful railway in superb surroundings. We visited on one of the first steam hauled Saturdays with the borrowed class 4. Tremendous welcome...enthusiastic volunteers. To be honest you need to stay over to explore the area...next project for me!

You can buy through tickets from Derby, and the day we travelled the TO at Derby provided an EVR timetable...joined up railway!!

Good luck EVR

CRank DAt

Thankyou for your kind comments, I think this type of visitor satisfaction is what makes the enthusiasm! :D

31414 has also now been confirmed!

The timetables for both days of the event are now available on the website at http://www.e-v-r.com/eventinfo/

Multiple Unit

If I don't make this week ends event i will almost deifinatley be there next week, Can anyone recomend a camp site near by ?

CRank DAt

Unfortunately due to road haulage issues beyond the EVRs control 33035 has been withdrawn from the gala line-up and the plan B timetable put in place.
31414 will be on all diagrams.

If the 33 arrives this Friday there is a small chance it may feature somewhere within the weekends timetable but its unfortunately not guaranteed.

However, the railway will still be operating its first diesel hauled trains to Duffield with the 31 and there are plans being formulated for the 33 to operate on another weekend before the season is out.

noddy1878

Established Member
Great weekend. Despite my father in law living within minutes walk it was the first opportunity to go on this line and really enjoyed it. Pity the 33 wasn't involved but hopefully i can make it up there when it is working (but Plymouth is a fair way away from it!). My photos of the Sunday are here

Status
Not open for further replies.