• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ECML Timetable discussion - Non LNER

Failed Unit

Established Member
We have a couple of threads about faster services to Leeds / Edinburgh from London.

But as the original timetable covered all operators, I was just wondering if we had an consulations about the rest of them. For example EMR was planning to remodel a lots of their routes to included.

Grimsby - Leicester hourly
Peterborough - Doncaster hourly (and more clockface)
Norwich - Liverpool (all bets off but splitting as a result of path changes on the ECML)

Then of course Northern and XC would need to make adjustment.

From the EMR neck of the woods I really hope to see the following:
Clockface departures
Good connections at Doncaster from Lincoln.
Good connections at Lincoln to / from Grimsby. (At the moment they are unuasable as the LNER service leaves 5 minutes before the EMR service arrives at Lincoln)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A S Leib

Peterborough - Doncaster hourly (and more clockface)
Agreed. I'd also like to see a 'not LNER, not via Leicester' fare between London and Yorkshire, instead of the current situation where there's anytime day singles for London–Doncaster for Hull Trains or Grand Central with very little difference between them (£98 against £100; the Grand Central off-peak single is £15 cheaper than the Hull Trains one but limiting to four trains per day instead of seven), whilst an off-peak day return using Thameslink and EMR via Huntingdon and Spalding's £75.50.
From the EMR neck of the woods I really hope to see the following:
Clockface departures
Good connections at Doncaster from Lincoln.
On to which services? I went from Lincoln to Newcastle a few days ago changing at Doncaster and was waiting over half an hour; as Sheffield and Leeds have 2+ tph from Doncaster I'm guessing you mean towards York, Manchester or Hull?
Good connections at Lincoln to / from Grimsby. (At the moment they are unuasable as the LNER service leaves 5 minutes before the EMR service arrives at Lincoln)
The alternative would be to have multiple LNER services to Cleethorpes each day, but that would be good as well.

Failed Unit

Established Member
On to which services? I went from Lincoln to Newcastle a few days ago changing at Doncaster and was waiting over half an hour; as Sheffield and Leeds have 2+ tph from Doncaster I'm guessing you mean towards York, Manchester or Hull?
It is the ones heading to York and further north. With Leeds generally running every half hour the connections into it tend not to be as bad. There probably are some good connections, but if you take 0947 Doncaster - Peterborough service, the nearest connections from the north are the hourly x.54 LNER service. The connections at Newark Northgate tend to be better.

For Manchester I would tend to go via Sheffield.

But I know the the challenges of the re-cast were undersirable in many areas, Newcastle - Carlisle I recall became very sub-optimal. If I recall Scarborough - London wasn't as good as people had hoped in the consulation either.