• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ECML Wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prestige15

On Moderation
Nothing i've seen before on the ECML where you see 800's and 91's raising its pantograph while on the move, As far as i can remember the ECML wires that was designed in the 80's wern't designed for as such.
Has the wires been upgraded or something?

Look for the 8xx/91 on the down fast

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DanNCL

Established Member
High speed coasting was in place on the day in question. Usually happens when there's been damage to the OHLE and though the line is safe to reopen, the OHLE isn't in a fit state to be used.

Magdalia

Established Member
High Speed Coasting on the ECML was first used more than 10 years ago now. I remember it being used at Hitchin during some of the engineering work for the Cambridge line flyover, which opened in 2013.

Prestige15

On Moderation
High Speed Coasting on the ECML was first used more than 10 years ago now. I remember it being used at Hitchin during some of the engineering work for the Cambridge line flyover, which opened in 2013.
I've had no idea. Always thinked it couldn't be done on a 30+ year old OHL design

Status
Not open for further replies.