• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Edinburgh to Retford......why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clint

Hi everyone,

I noticed that there have been videos posted of a tour for GBRF staff that went from Edinburgh to Retford and back last week.

The question is....why?

I don't mean to denigrate my home town but of all the places to go to, why here?

Did the tour just turn around straight away and go back North, or did it stay for a while so that the guests could sample some of the town's delights?

And if they did stay for the delights, would someone mind enlightening me as to what they are!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NightatLaira

Isn't there some sort of big stately home near Retford that the Orient Express tours used to stop at? Only thing I can think of...

Clint

Isn't there some sort of big stately home near Retford that the Orient Express tours used to stop at? Only thing I can think of...

I know there's a few big houses around here, but I don't know about the Orient Express. It'd be nice if it did come this way.

Tour was Retford TO Edinburgh....

Ah, sorry. The first clip I came across on Youtube said Edinburgh to Retford. That must have been the return leg. It would make more sense that way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.