• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Emergency last thing in the cupboard meal, and other culinary adventures under confinement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

backontrack

Established Member
Another culinary misadventure today; this was one of my own. Here's the recipe if you want to try this at home:

F***ed Up Eggs

1. Slice some bread and toast it under the grill.

2. Heat some oil in a frying pan.

3. Attempt to fry an egg, but mess it up so that the yolk breaks as soon as the egg enters the pan.

4. Just mix it all together and cook it like that.

5. Eat on toast.

---

I wouldn't recommend it.

WelshBluebird

Established Member
Another culinary misadventure today; this was one of my own. Here's the recipe if you want to try this at home:

F***ed Up Eggs

3. Attempt to fry an egg, but mess it up so that the yolk breaks as soon as the egg enters the pan.

5. Eat on toast.

---

I wouldn't recommend it.

More than too familiar with that one!
Doesn't help that the times I don't need to worry about it (e.g. when doing scrambled egg), the yolks stay together, but when I do need to worry about it (fried or poached eggs) it breaks!

backontrack

Established Member
More than too familiar with that one!
Doesn't help that the times I don't need to worry about it (e.g. when doing scrambled egg), the yolks stay together, but when I do need to worry about it (fried or poached eggs) it breaks!
Yeah, I swear that's exactly what happens!

scotrail158713

Established Member

F***ed Up Eggs

5. Eat on toast.

---

I wouldn't recommend it.
Another one for cracking yolks here. If you fancy a change try frying the egg and bread together. Cut out a hole in the bread and fry the egg in it - much nicer than I thought it would be.

backontrack

Established Member
Another one for cracking yolks here. If you fancy a change try frying the egg and bread together. Cut out a hole in the bread and fry the egg in it - much nicer than I thought it would be.
That sounds quite good actually! Thanks :) I'll have to give it a shot next time I've defrosted some ready sliced.

trainophile

Established Member
That takes me back to my distant youth, when I had been to my first sleep-over party. Suppose we were about 18 or 19, college kids. The next morning someone decided we should make a cooked breakfast, and I was allocated the frying of the eggs. Well not being very experienced in the kitchen department I made a complete mess of them, they all congealed together and looked like a burnt omelette in the frying pan. Needless to say the general consensus was "B***** H*** I'm not eating that!" Mortified :oops: .

Status
Not open for further replies.