• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Employee/Work Shuttles

Status
Not open for further replies.

darloscott

The only thing online for Lightwater Valley is from 2015. Is there any more recent information on them.

Flamingo Land only have info online about discounted Coastliner fares, nothing about a shuttle bus.

Alton Towers I have put in as there is information on these via D&G Bus Open Data and bus tracking.

Added in thank you.

I have searched online and no information is available? Everything seems to be quite outdated for it.

Does the AZ bus count as a public service bus though which just diverts in to Amazon, albeit contracted to do so. It is fully open to the public and runs all through the day so unless Amazon has rotating shift times so people start and finish constantly throughout the day, I'd say it's more a public service. Just like the Grant Palmer CX bus.

Do we have any timetables for these? I can find the old ones from when Courtney ran the services but nothing since then.

These are more student shuttles than employee/worker shuttles.

Can you find ant information online for it?

Is there any online information for them? I did a search and can't find anything.
No online info for AngloAmerican as far as I know… but I drive them fairly often - they run at various times of the day and night!

The Bedfont Lakes buses used to be on a leaflet when London United ran them. Info on most London area staff shuttles can be found through the TfL London service permit website too.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Stagecoach East Midlands operate workers buses between Lincoln and Moy Park at Anwick (near Sleaford) as the M1/M2. There’s also the M3 between Skegness, Boston and Anwick.

mpthomson

Wren Kitchens in Goole appear to have a bus service using a coach liveried in Wren green and with the logo Wren Kitchens Flyer (I think) on the side. I pass it regularly on the M62, but I have no idea where it goes. There are also Humber Transport services in Barton on Humber that end up at the Wren facility there, and services are timed or amended to coincide with the shifts there.

Last edited by a moderator:

duncombec

But the beauty of the London Service Permit system is that there is no charge to change the detail on an LSP, unlike service registrations with the Traffic Commissioner where most changes are chargeable.

They do last for 5 years though so some buses could have changed to no longer run or only run when and as required but still have a permit. As with many of the tour bus routes, they run once in a blue moon but have permits ready for the few dates they do run. Event buses remain in place too, doesn't mean they run daily.

It's only something like £250 for 5 years so it's not overly expensive.
Hmm... I was always told they were quite expensive, but it doesn't seem like it.

I note though, that the guidance documents state a revision will be treated as a new application - does that therefore mean that revisions are free, or that they are charged at the same price?

[Although the question is tenuous for this thread, it is relevant because unlike outside of London, it is my understanding that ALL services entering TfL jurisdiction require a London Service Permit, whereas many of these workers services are not registered outside - therefore if there is a charge for a change, it is more expensive that running them as unregistered outside, and if they cross the border, there will be both Traffic Commissioners and TfL fees to pay].

Falcon1200

Established Member
From observation on my last couple of visits to Oxford the 11X seems to have reverted to minibuses, except one I saw this morning which was a double-decker; Slightly OTT for the number of passengers !

RT4038

Established Member
[Although the question is tenuous for this thread, it is relevant because unlike outside of London, it is my understanding that ALL services entering TfL jurisdiction require a London Service Permit, whereas many of these workers services are not registered outside - therefore if there is a charge for a change, it is more expensive that running them as unregistered outside, and if they cross the border, there will be both Traffic Commissioners and TfL fees to pay].
This is not quite right - broadly, cross boundary services which do not require a registration outside London (e.g. express services only conveying passengers more than 15 miles) also do not need a London Service Permit either.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
This is not quite right - broadly, cross boundary services which do not require a registration outside London (e.g. express services only conveying passengers more than 15 miles) also do not need a London Service Permit either.
That won't cover many work services.

RT4038

Established Member
That won't cover many work services.
Another example would be a works service where employees are not being charged any fares. However, some may seek a London Service Permit to make use of bus stops restricted to Local bus services.

bussnapperwm

Established Member
Notts and Derby run the 2 between Derby and Moy Park near Ashboune and is timetabled to stop at any stop on route.

Midland Classic introduced some early/late 12E services at the last timetable change I think for people working at Fradley Park near Lichfield. Probably won't count as there are also other 12E services in the day. Not sure if they still run but Midland Classic ran some services for Boots in Burton.
Yeah, MC still do. One of their works routes gets as far west as Dudley

volvob12

Stagecoach West will begin operating AZ1-4 for Amazon in Swindon from Gloucester and Cirencester; Chippenham; Oakhurst, Haydon Wick, Pinehurst and Kingsdown; Rushey Platt and Swindon town centre.

They also operate ADF for Arthur David Food Services from Old Market, Bristol to ADFS in Bishop Sutton.

First Bristol run HB1 for Huboo from Broadmead to Bristol Parkway, Bradley Stoke and Severnside to link their offices and warehouses.

markymark2000

On Moderation
Stagecoach West will begin operating AZ1-4 for Amazon in Swindon from Gloucester and Cirencester; Chippenham; Oakhurst, Haydon Wick, Pinehurst and Kingsdown; Rushey Platt and Swindon town centre.

They also operate ADF for Arthur David Food Services from Old Market, Bristol to ADFS in Bishop Sutton.
Added the ones which I can see. Are these closed employee only buses?

First Bristol run HB1 for Huboo from Broadmead to Bristol Parkway, Bradley Stoke and Severnside to link their offices and warehouses.
Can't see any information on this bus. Do you have any information on it? All that is visible online is an intent on starting up a service.

Established Member
Midland Classic started a new route 20 on Monday between Kingsbury and Mercia Park (new Business Park by the M42?) via Tamworth. Nothing on the Midland Classic website but the timetable is available on traveline and is tracking on bus times.

markymark2000

On Moderation
Midland Classic started a new route 20 on Monday between Kingsbury and Mercia Park (new Business Park by the M42?) via Tamworth. Nothing on the Midland Classic website but the timetable is available on traveline and is tracking on bus times.
Added it in. Thank you.

Strange that they haven't updated it on their website or open data though.

WM Bus

They have a X45 from DHL Coventry to Erdington to I think. I saw one with it on the display in Erdington last week, the X45 is one of there closed door works services I think.

Some of the early morning/late night 72 journeys from Solihull to Chelmsley Wood are shown on the timetable as turning in to the JLR Solihull stop. Wheras alll the other journeys just stop on the main road just round the corner.
72 Chelmsley Wood - Solihull | NX Bus West Midlands

Last edited:

markymark2000

On Moderation
They have a X45 from DHL Coventry to Erdington to I think. I saw one with it on the display in Erdington last week, the X45 is one of there closed door works services I think.

Some of the early morning/late night 72 journeys from Solihull to Chelmsley Wood are shown on the timetable as turning in to the JLR Solihull stop. Wheras alll the other journeys just stop on the main road just round the corner.
72 Chelmsley Wood - Solihull | NX Bus West Midlands
Is the X45 certainly Edington to DHL. The only notice of it online is bus tracking so I just want to check.

Not sure the 72 counts as it is only one way, not a return trip.

volvob12

Can't see any information on this bus. Do you have any information on it? All that is visible online is an intent on starting up a service.
The only place you’ll see anything online is ‘BusTimes’. 67107 (SN67WYV) ran the service yesterday, 39483 (YN69DSY) did a run on Thursday and 47443 (SK63KNR) a run on Wednesday.

Established Member
Yes Midland Classic run a few closed services and the only notice of them are on the bus times map online. They seem to be:
X11 - Newton - Burton Boots
X45 - Erdington - DHL Coventry
X46 - Dudley - Burton Boots
Believe there was a X76 at one point as well.

WM Bus

richw

Veteran Member
Tamar coaches of Plymouth run a closed door staff service to the Ginsters factory at Callington. Don’t know route details but have spoken to their drivers who have been on the contract

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Quick note on the Arriva services to the Amazon site near Coalville, there is also an hourly service on route 26 throughout the day which serves the bus stop near to the site, this is as an addition to the 29/29A services for overtime workers etc.

Your sheet shows 29/X29, it should actually be 29,29A,29X just for clarity!

There is also a nearby "VF Warehouse" which is served by two journeys per day (one in each direction) running as service 26A to cater for workers there.

markymark2000

On Moderation
Quick note on the Arriva services to the Amazon site near Coalville, there is also an hourly service on route 26 throughout the day which serves the bus stop near to the site, this is as an addition to the 29/29A services for overtime workers etc.

Your sheet shows 29/X29, it should actually be 29,29A,29X just for clarity!

There is also a nearby "VF Warehouse" which is served by two journeys per day (one in each direction) running as service 26A to cater for workers there.
Thank you for your updates. The Amazon warehouse which is meant is the BHX2 unit. Here the 29A does not serve here. I have added the 26 though as you could argue it diverts the core route.

I have added the 26A VF Warehouse.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Thank you for your updates. The Amazon warehouse which is meant is the BHX2 unit. Here the 29A does not serve here. I have added the 26 though as you could argue it diverts the core route.

I have added the 26A VF Warehouse.
Apologies re 29A you're quite right - last time I drove a duplicate on there the service bus was a 29A, evidently there has been a revision since.

I have some other additions/comments but will post them once i've checked the details.

An excellent bit of work you've done there, really interesting to see.

markymark2000

On Moderation
Apologies re 29A you're quite right - last time I drove a duplicate on there the service bus was a 29A, evidently there has been a revision since.

I have some other additions/comments but will post them once i've checked the details.

An excellent bit of work you've done there, really interesting to see.
Any additions are appreciated.

I'm glad that you think the spreadsheet is good. Hopefully it gives bus spotters something interesting to look out for, the bit more unusual stuff but also anyone who is looking for a job, they can use the list to see where buses are available for their workplace which may not be showing online so people can travel sustainably or open up job opportunities that they didn't think they would be able to access.

markymark2000

On Moderation
Does anyone know the situation with First Transport Solutions? They are advertising a large number of services on the app which are ran by other operators and also a number of services which aren't noted anywhere else. Are these actually running? Are other operators coming off work and First are doing it now or is it all sub contracted somehow?

caplimilan

Thank you for the information. There aren't many places where I go in the city, so sometimes I get confused about getting to areas I need to go to. I don't go many places because I've been working from home for a long time, and I moved here about two years ago before the pandemic started. Our office is our home for now, and we often call our colleagues via https://www.lead.app/lead-bot_slack/. This app is times more convenient than other apps we've tried for our online meetings. It's convenient, and everything is clear where to click lol and how to call. At the same time, other apps are hard to navigate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.