• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR assessment day

Karissarose

On Moderation
Hi everyone, I have an EMR assessment day on Tuesday and I was wondering if anyone else has had any experiences about what to expect and like what are the role-play exercises and everything

Also on the dress code, it says smart. How do they mean by that?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LKS

Amazing!

I don't have any experience in that field, but I would say try the search function of the forum, and try looking for "EMR" or "Customer service" and see if anyone previously may have posted something. This forum is full of great advice from people and you may find something.

As for smart dress - The railways is a smart uniform. Normally suit/tie/waistcoat. Not sure if you have smart formal wear. You get one chance to impress, so why not go all out :)

Good luck!

Gemz91

I’ve always worn trousers, shirt and tie when I’ve been an external candidate. Never owned a suit before and I’ve done alright at most my interviews.

Samzino

I wore a smart charles tyrwhitt shirt in white, grey trousers and black shoes for my driver assessment days. Only donned a suit for the big DMI.

I didn't wear a suit for the assessment parts as I wanted to feel lighter and more free if that makes sense.

Established Member
Hi everyone, I have an EMR assessment day on Tuesday and I was wondering if anyone else has had any experiences about what to expect and like what are the role-play exercises and everything

Also on the dress code, it says smart. How do they mean by that?

Personally I would wear a suit, as nobody is going to mark you down for being too smart, but they might for under dressing. You might also feel awkward if everyone else on your day has turned out in a suit.

It’s odd that so many people who go for railway jobs (not necessarily the OP!) seem to have an aversion to dressing smartly.